TV Home Forum

BBC Two Christmas 2019

New tinsel ident (December 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DE
denton
I deleted this thread when I saw Jonny had posted it before me. But then he’s deleted his! I hope I don’t clash again…

Northern Ireland have premiered a new tinsel ident.

Jonny put his in spoilers so I’ll do the same

It's called Festive; and is indeed stunning.
FA
fanoftv
Wow. Wonderful, simple and festive. Nice musical score too.
MR
mr_vivian
I was really unsure about the Curve when it came out but seeing how dynamic it is and the number of idents added to the mix it has really exceeded expectations.

Every one of them including the Christmas idents are stunning with great soundtracks. Perfect.
cylon6 and Jeffmister gave kudos
MO
Moz
Can't say I've ever had green tinsel - usually red, gold or silver.

You, mate, are odd.

No, YOU are odd! Tinsel is to go on a Christmas tree, which is already green. Why would you put green tinsel on it!?
ET
ethanh05
Moz posted:
Can't say I've ever had green tinsel - usually red, gold or silver.

You, mate, are odd.

No, YOU are odd! Tinsel is to go on a Christmas tree, which is already green. Why would you put green tinsel on it!?

Extra greeness.

And it doesn't go on the tree down here.
SH
Sh1ruba
I'm loving the new Tinsel ident. It's so beautiful, the animation is so gorgeous to look at!
Hoping they'll surprise with another new ident for Christmas later on.
cylon6 and bkman1990 gave kudos
AR
Argybargy
I'm loving the new Tinsel ident. It's so beautiful, the animation is so gorgeous to look at!

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see another new one added to the set. I remember last year that they didn't start showing Cats Tail until a few days after the other two idents had launched.
TI
TIGHazard
TV Home AI detecting it as 'Celebratory'

https://tvhome.co.uk/idents/bbc-two/curve/celebratory
BK
bkman1990

I agree. I think it is fabulous. I was blown away by the execution of it. It's another bit of creative genius from BBC Two. Whoever has made it. Well done to you all. You have created something special.
SH
Sh1ruba
The people behind the brilliant new Tinsel ident are a Tokyo-based design boutique firm called Onesal and let's just say, these guys' animations are stunning! Here's the clean full version of the ident.
DB
dbl
This is just lovely
CY
cylon6
I was really unsure about the Curve when it came out but seeing how dynamic it is and the number of idents added to the mix it has really exceeded expectations.

Every one of them including the Christmas idents are stunning with great soundtracks. Perfect.

And they all look good. I don't feel bored of them as there are so many and then a new one can come along. Very smart to launch with 3 Christmas idents last year and that they all looked completely different, it made them look fresher than in previous years and, again, I didn't get bored with them.
JosiahStuart and Sh1ruba gave kudos

Newer posts