TV Home Forum

The One Show

Matt Baker leaving spring 2020 (December 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AN
Andrew Founding member
Although it’s true Jason left because of his private life, I still think it was an odd choice and had that not happened I bet he still wouldn’t be doing it now. Although he isn’t exactly the most extreme comedian, it was still a very ‘easy listening’ gig for such a person with barely any room to tell a slightly risky gag.

They might replace Matt with a female and have two women hosting the show.

Or maybe Ore Oduba or Mike Bushell?
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Odds on Adrian Chiles doing a stint if they go down the guest hosts route? He's back in the BBC fold (working on 5 Live) and has appeared on the show as a guest a few times since leaving.
JC
JCB
I caught the opening of yesterday's show with Gethin Jones presenting and thought he seemed quite bewildered to be there. Pointing out himself he hasn't hosted the show for a few years. Makes me wonder if it was secretly a screen test and he wasn't aware.
MU
Multi
Rylan Clark-Neal to get the gig perhaps?
what and Lou Scannon gave kudos
JO
Jonwo
I wonder if Simon Thomas would be interested in the job,
Lou Scannon and watchingtv gave kudos
JW
JamesWorldNews
Rylan must be twiddling this thumbs, so it’ll most likely be him. 🤣

I said it on Twitter, but I think Ricky Boleto would be a fine addition. In fact, on occasion, him and Leah could recreate the Richard and Judy magic!
Steve in Pudsey and watchingtv gave kudos
MA
Markymark
Multi posted:
Rylan Clark-Neal to get the gig perhaps?

Whenever I see that bloke, this sketch comes to mind

Lou Scannon and Inspector Sands gave kudos
JA
JAS84
JCB posted:
I caught the opening of yesterday's show with Gethin Jones presenting and thought he seemed quite bewildered to be there. Pointing out himself he hasn't hosted the show for a few years. Makes me wonder if it was secretly a screen test and he wasn't aware.
Replacing one ex-BP presenter with another? Makes sense.
IS
Inspector Sands
I'm sure they can find a former TV presenter who left the BBC under a cloud and now DJs on digital radio in the east of England.....
RO
robertclark125
I might apply for the job!
HC
Hatton Cross
I'm sure they can find a former TV presenter who left the BBC under a cloud and now DJs on digital radio in the east of England.....

First show - 18.59.50
Can I have a glass of water, please? My mouth is dry..
SP
Steve in Pudsey

Or else I'm sure Peter Levy could be available.

Newer posts