Global launches 24hr rolling news station

LO
Londoner London London
An interesting glimpse at a script and running order

623058 posted:
boogy men new stuff is coming to get us
LL
London Lite Founding member London London
Looks like the presenter has to play the clips from the column on the left, the script being on the right. I'd speculate clips are transferred from the newsroom and the presenter then just drags and drops. However it could be the editor that inserts the clips, so the presenter is aware of the running order without being too disrupted from driving the desk and updating their scripts as news comes in.
WO
Worzel Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
Looks like the presenter has to play the clips from the column on the left, the script being on the right. I'd speculate clips are transferred from the newsroom and the presenter then just drags and drops. However it could be the editor that inserts the clips, so the presenter is aware of the running order without being too disrupted from driving the desk and updating their scripts as news comes in.

Yes, it's Burli (and no, not the Kay variety). A common sight in most radio newsrooms. You can indeed change running orders on the fly and record and edit within it too. It also automatically ingests audio and scripts from IRN Net Newsroom. Its a bit like the old Barcode Newsroom software.

Last edited by Worzel on 2 December 2019 11:19pm
BB
BBI45 Central (East) East Midlands Today
LBC is announcing its election night plans on Monday. I expect that will be simulcast.

https://radiotoday.co.uk/2019/12/lbc-to-broadcast-election-night-in-hd-video-online/
.... . ..- - .

34 days later

VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today
BBI45 posted:
Finally, they should make it available on TV. I can understand why it might be a challenge to put it on Freeview. However, surely it'd be possible to put it on Sky, Freesat & Virgin Media. I get that it's available for most people on D1, but I can't get D1 stations where I live, which means that I can only hear it through my rubbish phone speaker.

If you have Sky, your wish has come true: https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/01/sky-launch-for-lbc-news.html
BB
BBI45 posted:
Finally, they should make it available on TV. I can understand why it might be a challenge to put it on Freeview. However, surely it'd be possible to put it on Sky, Freesat & Virgin Media. I get that it's available for most people on D1, but I can't get D1 stations where I live, which means that I can only hear it through my rubbish phone speaker.

If you have Sky, your wish has come true: https://www.rxtvlog.com/2020/01/sky-launch-for-lbc-news.html

If only. I do have Freesat though, so I can manually tune to it. Hopefully, it'll get a proper Freesat slot soon, but I can work around that for now.

EDIT: Or not...
Last edited by BBI45 on 8 January 2020 8:07pm - 2 times in total
.... . ..- - .
LL
I would have thought it'll be the UK version only on Sky, but still a decent addition to the radio lineup.

28 days later

BB
Just in case anybody cares, freelancer Nick Quraishi (previously seen on BBC News and Sky News) has been added to the list of weekend and cover presenters. He was presenting on Sunday during the Streatham incident.
.... . ..- - .
LL
LBC News stayed live after 7pm on Sunday because of the Streatham incident.

Staying on-air live until 10pm seems to be the norm on weekdays due to sporting events.
LO
Londoner London London
They also had special overnight coverage of the State of the Union Address from 2am with Chris Golds.

https://www.globalplayer.com/catchup/lbcnews/uk/7UN7tH2o/
Last edited by Londoner on 5 February 2020 5:44pm
623058 posted:
LL
It's reassuring despite the semi-automation overnight that they'll have presenters available to cover major events such as the State of the Union address and late weekend evenings if a major story breaks.

45 days later

LO
Londoner London London
Martin Stanford wasn't on this morning ... instead he's doing the 7-10 evening shift from home:

Global deserve a lot of credit for LBC News which has been top notch since launch.
623058 posted:
watchingtv, BBI45 and London Lite gave kudos

Newer posts