« Topics
Steve in Pudsey10,438 posts since 4 Jan 2003
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
The next ident in the festive set, as it first aired at 00.15 (ish) across BBC One Wales and BBC One Northern Ireland. Apologies as I'd missed Scotland had a late opt-out last night, so didn't go to the news at the same time as everyone else. All it was missing really was a cover of Somewhere Only We Know!

BBC One Wales Video

BBC One Northern Ireland Video

Edit - Also used for startup at 6am this morning by everyone except Northern Ireland.

Not exactly appropriate for going into Breakfast, I would suggest.
Write that down in your copybook now.
denton gave kudos
Spencer (previously Spencer For Hire) 5,981 posts since 13 Jan 2003
Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
The next ident in the festive set, as it first aired at 00.15 (ish) across BBC One Wales and BBC One Northern Ireland. Apologies as I'd missed Scotland had a late opt-out last night, so didn't go to the news at the same time as everyone else. All it was missing really was a cover of Somewhere Only We Know!

BBC One Wales Video

BBC One Northern Ireland Video

Edit - Also used for startup at 6am this morning by everyone except Northern Ireland.

Not exactly appropriate for going into Breakfast, I would suggest.

Someone who’s nodded off? I can’t think of anything more appropriate for Breakfast. Wink
bkman19901,391 posts since 29 Jan 2012
UTV Newsline
I am actually surprised with this stuff. These are actually really good new Christmas idents for BBC One. I had a good laugh with the new snowman ident called "Snowball Fight". That one is brilliant. Whoever did that one should be commended for their efforts.
DeMarkay and Jay Lee gave kudos
Si-Co2,214 posts since 2 Oct 2003
Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Just putting this out there, wouldn't this (with variants with the clock at 1,6 and 10) make a nice news safe variant, with a little nod to the clocks of the past?

I can’t see the video you’ve shared - but I take it you mean the cuckoo clock ident with the time stopping at 1 o’clock, 6 o’clock, 10 o’clock? If so, I agree!
Cut out the coupon in your TV Times!
Inspector Sands13,977 posts since 25 Aug 2004
Absolutely hate it. The music is just TERRIBLE. What has a gospel choir singing Gorillaz got to do with Christmas? Also, I don't get the theme at all, nothing seems to link them. Only thing I like is the animation of ●ne into one. 1/10.

Did you not understand the launch video?
PFMC841,639 posts since 28 Feb 2013
UTV Newsline
Yes, the cuckoo clock but with the time on it actually being 1, 6 or 10 would have been a nice touch for the news idents.

Here's a thought, perhaps a short film for each season of the year would work as a new look for BBC ONE? We have #XmasLife, but we would have #WinterLife, #SpringLife, #SummerLife and #AutumnLife and they could do the same thing with them that they have done for Christmas by making short films for each and the idents taken from them with little animations to enhance them and add a little twist. Special idents can be made from the films also for events and special dates like Valentines Day, St. Patrick's Day, Easter, big summer events/sports like Wimbledon etc., Halloween, Guy Fawkes and back to Christmas again. I think with a bit of tweaking this could be reworked into an decent new look for BBC ONE, though I would like them to finally have a symbol again. Especially if we are to get as new look that is completely different from what we've had the past 17 years or so.
mat76, Sh1ruba and DeMarkay gave kudos