TV Home Forum

The Late Late Gay Byrne Irish Television Thread

Irish TV legend passes away (October 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BK
bkman1990
RTÉ have also released their promo for their Christmas schedule recently.

They have new movie premieres for Christmas like Damo & Ivor: The Movie, remake of The Beauty & The Beast and Paddington 2.

For TV: They have new material including the new documentary for the late Niall Tobín & full coverage of Forget Me Nots concert from The Olympia Theatre organized by the late Brendan Grace & his family, New Christmas specials for Ms Brown's Boys, Ireland's Fittest Family and RTÉ Sports Personality of The Year 2019.
TV
TVLand
The first DWTS contestant has been revealed. It’s Glenda Gilson. They also seem to have a new logo, if i’m not mistaken.

JA
JAS84
Yeah, the old logo was based on the British one.
AJ
AJB39
According to figures released tonight an average of 1.35 million Irish viewers watched the Late Late Toy Show live on RTÉ 1 last Friday night, up from 1.3 million last year. That equates to a 76% audience share. That’s more then double the normal average audience of the Late Late Show. It’s an unbelievably good rating for 2019. The viewership increased to 1.7 million with delayed viewing over the weekend. Bet RTE wish they could attract those sort of viewing figures on a regular basis.
NL
Ne1L C
Regarding the Toy Show. It was advertised on the Sky EPG in the UK. Any ideas why?
RD
rdd Founding member
We sometimes get ITV and Channel 5 stuff on the Sky Q homepage too - not sure why.
JK
JKDerry
Regarding the Toy Show. It was advertised on the Sky EPG in the UK. Any ideas why?

Is RTE One, RTE Two and TG4 available on the Sky EPG here in the UK? I know Virgin Media who I am with have it too.
RD
rdd Founding member
Only in Northern Ireland, not Great Britain.
TI
TIGHazard
rdd posted:
Only in Northern Ireland, not Great Britain.

Though RTE Radio 1 is available across the UK (at least on Virgin).

I understand why they can't make the channels available across the UK but I don't understand why RTE can't put their home grown stuff on Sky/Virgin On Demand (I mean, RTE Player International already exists)
MR
mr_vivian

You could watch it in the UK via RTE Player International. Do you remember what the advert said? Like how to watch?
TV
TVLand
Here’s some photos of Ireland AM’s Christmas set.
BA
bilky asko
I love the window view to more bricks.

Newer posts