The Newsroom

2019 General Christmas election.

12th December: NO drama just presentation. (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ST
Ste Founding member

MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
What a surprise...no mention of the Queen at 9:30.
Brekkie and TIGHazard gave kudos
TV
TV Insider
A preview of the Sky News election set:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5dDyjFpKZT/
richard h, BBI45 and mapperuo gave kudos
MA
mapperuo
That looks far better than I had in mind!

EDIT: Test card on the big TV says Studio 4, maybe the gallery they have controlling it? As there is an actual Studio 4 isnt there.
Last edited by mapperuo on 2 December 2019 12:43pm
JK
JKDerry
Is there any pictures of the BBC election studio yet or is it still being built at New Broadcasting House?
SP
Steve in Pudsey
I suspect it's just the standard Studio B set with election specific graphics and lighting. Probably an overlaid virtual screen hiding the cameras.
CC
CyberCD
VR will be doing a lot more heavy lifting than that.
BC
BcastCam
That looks far better than I had in mind!

EDIT: Test card on the big TV says Studio 4, maybe the gallery they have controlling it? As there is an actual Studio 4 isnt there.

Yes, there is a Studio 4, but it's not being used for the election due to a previous booking - Skavlan for SVT.

Gallery 4 and PRC22 are controlling the facilities in Sky Central. Augmented reality Technocrane and wirecam, jib, Steadicam, etc...
GE
thegeek Founding member
It looks like they've had the scaffolders in at Grays Inn Road. (Either that, or it's a temporary lighting rig for ITV)

CH
chevron
Yep, the atrium will be used again as a presentation area for ITV's election night coverage.
JK
JKDerry
Yep, the atrium will be used again as a presentation area for ITV's election night coverage.

Does that mean unlike previous elections, they will all be based in the atrium, and Studio 1 would be mostly used for the VR interactive bits?
RD
RDJ

Does that mean unlike previous elections, they will all be based in the atrium, and Studio 1 would be mostly used for the VR interactive bits?

I think he means Studio 1 will be the main studio and the atrium will be used for social media bits and other guests. Much the same as 2015 and 2017.

Newer posts