TV Home Forum

ITV 2019 idents and presentation - ITV Creates

Split from ITV presentation refresh in the New Year (January 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FA
fanoftv
Anything from ITV2 this year? I’m pretty sure they haven’t had Christmas idents since 2013 (during the red stage or current Ident set) despite the rest of the family having them. They’ve done more for Halloween than they have Christmas.
HB
HarryB
First week of Christmas idents
JA
JAS84
That was already posted, it's been on air since Saturday!
NL
Ne1L C
wonder if the xmas ident will be used before election coverage on Thursday?
AN
Andrew Founding member
wonder if the xmas ident will be used before election coverage on Thursday?

I can’t see why it wouldn’t be?
JA
JAS84
They'll do what they do before the news. Though the ident won't see much airplay for the following 14 hours! Probably just two playouts between 10pm and whenever the coverage ends, and that would be either side of Good Morning Britain.
AN
Andrew Founding member
JAS84 posted:
They'll do what they do before the news. Though the ident won't see much airplay for the following 14 hours! Probably just two playouts between 10pm and whenever the coverage ends, and that would be either side of Good Morning Britain.

They probably won’t have one in those places either.
JA
JAS84
Why not? They'd still need continuity announcements there wouldn't they? It's either the Christmas ident or the breakbumper loop.
NL
Ne1L C
I'm asking just out of curiosity. Elections are pretty serious and maybe a festive ident might not be suitable.
AN
Andrew Founding member
JAS84 posted:
Why not? They'd still need continuity announcements there wouldn't they? It's either the Christmas ident or the breakbumper loop.

The presenters will hand over to one another, a close and ident would be a sign for viewers to turn over.

I'm asking just out of curiosity. Elections are pretty serious and maybe a festive ident might not be suitable.

Election coverage is much less serious than a standard day in day out news bulletin. Tonight’s news is about a serial rapist for example, and that’ll have a Christmas ident before it.
chevron, Ne1L C and Brekkie gave kudos
DB
dbl
I don't see how this is an issue, they have more serious bed version they can use.
JO
Josh
Don't know if this has already been mentioned but there's been a few outings of a John Lewis ECP for I'm A Celeb with Edgar the Dragon climbing the pieces of card. Looks quite shoddy and there's the product placement P in the corner.

Newer posts