TV Home Forum

BBC One Christmas 2019

Teaser revealed - cat on a Roomba (November 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RO
Rory
But hold on, what about the idents on Yorkshire and Lincolnshire this morning?

It'll probably be shown before the news.
CG
Charlie Gough
Great show, BBC One! A well overdue break from Oneness and a step in the right direction with #XmasLife!
Custard56 and Sh1ruba gave kudos
KU
Kunst

The "news" versions of the Christmas package
SC
scottishtv Founding member
These are just stills, but you get the idea:

PF
PFML84
For those that missed it, or don’t have access, what was shown this morning?
AG
AxG

News-safe variants, and as the new Christmas ident aired just now someone commented ‘Fake’ on the Y&L ident I uploaded earlier.
NA
natwel27
Gives me a definite Christmas-y feel. More than Oneness.
DB
dbl
So I just found myself having to look up what a Roomba is.

And now, I want one!

The thread subtitle is the first time in my life that I've encountered the word Roomba, so I had to look it up. Why the blithering flip are robot vacuum cleaners called that? Is it a brand name?

I instantly despised the word on sight, every bit as much as despise various tossy corporate jargon words that I hear in my office workplace. The very existence of the word Roomba offends me.

I was thinking exactly the same myself, I suddenly feel about 80, I’ve never heard the term ‘Roomba’ in my life and was surprised when suddenly half the forum was using that word in common usage when the ident was first revealed yesterday.

Roomba's been around at least over 15 years, here's an SNL sketch on it, from 2009
FG
FraserGJ
The ident that was shown in the background during the launch trailer with the BBC One logo in the centre of the screen looked awesome. Pity it has been relegated to the bottom of the screen again.

I think it was a sting rather than an ident, the logo full screen with the cat on the Roomba going past in the background would make a snappy sting...
CA
Cavan
OW
Owen_ploc
Nice touch for the Christmas promo
Perhaps they produce promos for each nation, don't they?
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Nice touch for the Christmas promo

I don't think that's blocking too much of the screen tbh.

Newer posts