TV Home Forum

Christmas Adverts 2019

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TO
tomo359
There are some basic short ads promoting offers with a slightly Christmas version of ‘pretty shining people’ by George Ezra in the background, but that is all.

Thinking about it (and then checking on YouTube) did they do a main one last Christmas?

That's a good point. The ad I was thinking they did last year was actually their 2017 ad so maybe they're not bothering with big adverts now and just going to do small ones focusing on various items.
BA
bilky asko
There are some basic short ads promoting offers with a slightly Christmas version of ‘pretty shining people’ by George Ezra in the background, but that is all.

Thinking about it (and then checking on YouTube) did they do a main one last Christmas?

Didn't they repeat their Free From ad?
TI
TIGHazard

Didn't they repeat their Free From ad?

Yes and no. I believe they had two versions in 2017. Only one in 2018.
JO
Josh
It's not Christmassy as such but it's a new advert none the less. Viewers of a nervous disposition and a fear of Mr Blobby should not watch this! Razz
JW
JamesWorldNews
This is worth a click. I’m sure Quality Street tins are only half the size they used to be.....

BR
Brekkie
Wasn't it Woolworths?
VM
VMPhil
Wasn't it Woolworths?

I looked this up when I first saw that ad on YouTube, it was actually called Woolworth up until 1985, when ‘Operation Focus’ was implemented.

http://www.woolworthsmuseum.co.uk/1980s-focus.html
BR
Brekkie
Another thing notable about that ad is you get a clear idea of what they sell. John Lewis may be considered the king of Christmas ads at the moment but anyone got a clue what they actually sell?
DJ Dave and JamesWorldNews gave kudos
JA
james-2001
They're a department store (and supermarket if you include Waitrose), so technically they sell pretty much everything!
WH
Whataday Founding member
I always
Josh posted:
It's not Christmassy as such but it's a new advert none the less. Viewers of a nervous disposition and a fear of Mr Blobby should not watch this! Razz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrzv3a65X3w

That Mr Blobby's an impostor. You can tell by the voice.
HC
Hatton Cross
Wonder where Barry Killerby is these days?
AN
Andrew Founding member
Not a Christmas advert but I see the Deliveroo advert has been banned due to being misleading, as it suggested you can order from umpteen restaurants all in one go and get it all delivered together.

At least Karen won’t have to worry about those Carbs anymore.

Newer posts