TV Home Forum

BBC One Christmas 2019

Teaser revealed - cat on a Roomba (November 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MR
mr_vivian
The trick is not to get your hopes up so if they do return to Oneness (which they inevitably will) there's no disappointment.

I agree with every word, ethan05.

This is the third Christmas in a row when several posters on TV Forum have hoped for an end to Oneness in January. I can't say I blame them, to be honest!! However, BBC One will ditch Oneness when they're good and ready. It'll be a good while before they are.

Well although I think we might continue with Oneness it is fair to speculate that it may end given that the Oneness tagline has continued throughout Christmas usually.

I'm just gonna enjoy something different to look at when watching BBC One. So far I'm liking the idea of #XmasLife even though it's beyond cheesy.
BR
Brekkie
Rex posted:
Also if #OneLife is the theme for 2020, they could use the normal version of "Feel Good Inc" as the music.
Please, BBC One, don't make 2020 another year of dreary One-mess...

Sad reality - it'll come back for a third year.

Not that it really matters

Hasn't it already done three years?
LI
Lieuwe
Rex posted:
Also if #OneLife is the theme for 2020, they could use the normal version of "Feel Good Inc" as the music.

I think I am one of the few people who finds oneness a really successful idea. Sure, they may look a bit cheap, but I really like the message the BBC wants to convey! If it's up to me, they can stay for a few more years.
SH
Sh1ruba
Rex posted:

I think I am one of the few people who finds oneness a really successful idea. Sure, they may look a bit cheap, but I really like the message the BBC wants to convey! If it's up to me, they can stay for a few more years.

Hell no!
WH
what
Rex posted:

Hasn't it already done three years?

Just about.
JF
JetixFann450
Rex posted:

The idea works on paper but they missed one key part: personality. No music, no actions where the public are doing anything interesting, all they do is just stand there gormlessly at the camera while the Oneness tagline animates in front of it.

And it's ironic that another channel in Europe, RTP1 has done a better job at doing a similar concept.
AS
Asa Admin
Love the trail - nice to have something that isn't John Lewis this year! Upbeat, fun, and with a couple of BBC personalities. Big tick from me. The news safe ident seems fine, arguably better than the wrapping paper to me simply for being a bit more 3D. Makes me think of some of the 90s Christmas idents. Just a shame the logo is a bit 'slapped on' rather than incorporated. Roll on 7.20...
IS
Inspector Sands

And I bet that same person can't wait until Christmas morning to open their prezzies either!!

Or just couldn't care what day it is
SC
scoobiesnack
Feels like a very modern take on the realities of Christmas - family arguments about politics etc
BR
Brekkie
Rex posted:

Please hand in your TV Forum membership card on the way out.
ET
ethanh05
Rex posted:

Please hand in your TV Forum membership card on the way out.

He had a good run.
:-(
A former member
BBC One Twitter icon going with the 8-pointed snowflake yet again...

Newer posts