The Newsroom

Incident on London Bridge

(November 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TI
timbouk
Heard the main LBC station from about 3pm. Shocking incident but excellent coverage from LBC throughout the afternoon.
WO
Worzel
LBC News broke the story at 14.18. Went out of an interview with a guest, a sweeper and then started the coverage.

Go to 01.18.09 on Friday 29th November.

https://www.globalplayer.com/catchup/lbcnews/london/b8DPVZ4

2 minutes after the IRN flash.
JA
Jarv
I simply cannot fathom the editorial decisions made at the BBC. For the BBC News Channel to be showing 'World News Today' at 9pm with an assortment of coverage is not appropriate for a UK audience.

For heaven's sake - when situations like this happen - split at 9pm. News Channel from wherever do their thing with sole focus on the Breaking News... World - stick with Ross and his touchscreen or in tonight's instance Lewis Vaughn Jones....

Yes it winds me up. Apologies.

Your not the only one, this world focus on our domestic affairs on our UK based News Channel is really annoying
EL
elmarko
Jarv posted:
Good decision, if Victoria Derbyshire was on now we would be talking about domestic abuse or such like

*raises eyebrow*
GE
thegeek Founding member
BBC London still on location tonight - also using special titles, as they did at 6.30.
NE
Newsroom
Jarv posted:
I simply cannot fathom the editorial decisions made at the BBC. For the BBC News Channel to be showing 'World News Today' at 9pm with an assortment of coverage is not appropriate for a UK audience.

For heaven's sake - when situations like this happen - split at 9pm. News Channel from wherever do their thing with sole focus on the Breaking News... World - stick with Ross and his touchscreen or in tonight's instance Lewis Vaughn Jones....

Yes it winds me up. Apologies.

Your not the only one, this world focus on our domestic affairs on our UK based News Channel is really annoying

Just throws fuel to the fire as to if there is a need for two channels. The cost cutting doesn’t work when situations like these happen.

I switched to CNN at 9, BBC was just unbearable to watch.
MA
Markymark
I first found out about the attack after getting off a train at 2.20 (I was at London Bridge tube at 2pm unaware of the incident above ground)

I'm working in that area at the moment. I received a text at 14:21 from a colleague saying he'd heard there was an incident on London Bridge. My normal route home is to enter the tube network at Bank Station. At 15:30 I opted to go home, I deliberately kept away from Bank, and went to Liverpool St instead , and changed underground lines at Bank. The station PA was saying that the Monument exits at the station were closed owing to an incident in the area, other than that it was a normal commute
LO
Londoner
Anyone know how London Live’s coverage was?
GE
thegeek Founding member
Anyone know how London Live’s coverage was?

JA
JAS84
Jeez, what is the point of local TV when they don't cover a breaking local news event? And A Place in the Sun, really? That belongs on More 4, not London Live.
BR
Brekkie
Really is time the project was dropped as the failure it is, especially now spectrum is having to be sacrificed for 5G.
Jeffmister, elmarko and GMc gave kudos
MA
Markymark
Really is time the project was dropped as the failure it is, especially now spectrum is having to be sacrificed for 5G.

It's a scandal that the local TV muxes have the same level of protection as the three national PSBs.

The whole thing is just a trojan horse scam to create a pseudo national COM mux to carry national so called supporting services

Newer posts