The Newsroom

Incident on London Bridge

(November 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BM
BM11
rob posted:

BBC, Sky and Al Jazeera with rolling coverage.

Al Jazeera's London office is in The Shard at the south end of London Bridge, so along with The Wireless Group/News UK who are next door they are very close to the incident

Normally an advantage being so close. When that other incident on London Bridge happened a few years ago they weren't allowed in or out of the building. I think they ended up interviewing their own staff who had gone out for a break/for a pint and couldn't get back inside

I saw earlier tweets saying News UK in lockdown.
BB
BBI45
BM11 posted:
rob posted:

BBC, Sky and Al Jazeera with rolling coverage.

Al Jazeera's London office is in The Shard at the south end of London Bridge, so along with The Wireless Group/News UK who are next door they are very close to the incident

Normally an advantage being so close. When that other incident on London Bridge happened a few years ago they weren't allowed in or out of the building. I think they ended up interviewing their own staff who had gone out for a break/for a pint and couldn't get back inside

If it wasn't Dan Wootton, then I'd tune in.
Charlesy, Cando and Brekkie gave kudos
MA
Meridian AM
CNN has a panel of reporters and experts in the studio with the presenter.
CA
cat

Of course it does.

Once upon a time CNN did journalism. Now it’s just a constant talk show.
MA
Meridian AM
cat posted:

Of course it does.

Once upon a time CNN did journalism. Now it’s just a constant talk show.

They keep crossing to Nina dos Santos and Nick Paton Walsh who are close to the scene and Max Foster and Anna Stewart in the London studio too.
BM
BM11
BBI45 posted:
BM11 posted:

If it wasn't Dan Wootton, then I'd tune in.

I don't want to be crass but I thought his tweet promoting today's show was a bit crass.
GE
thegeek Founding member
Hele tele was up over the bridge for all of 2 minutes, quickly flew back to base. Police maybe told them to go away.

Finally up again now - you're probably right about them being away on police advice.
BK
bkman1990
PM Boris Johnson is now back at 10 Downing Street. A statement by him should be expected from there very soon.

On BBC News; Ben Brown was giving updates there through a poor 4G signal near London Bridge.
BK
bkman1990
Sadiq Khan is now on your screens for his statement.
NE
Newsroom
Whoops! Jane Hill of all people doing a time check during a TOTH simulcast.
BK
bkman1990
Jane Hill & Ben Brown are doing BBC News at 5 this evening. The headline strap had no BBC News logo appearing at the start.
BK
bkman1990
Jane Hill is in Studio D this evening for the 5.

Newer posts