« Topics
JF World News (previously JPF) 140 posts since 21 Nov 2018
HTV West Points West
Would the BBC Debate be pulled and replaced by BBC World News / World News Today with the unfolding events

The debate as it stands you'd have to imagine will go ahead and be on BBC1. Whether it will be on the BBC News Channel/World News will depend I guess on how serious this story turns out to be (hopefully not very) and what developments there are in the next few hours. Were the debates originally scheduled to be simulcasted on the news channels? (Though all these broadcasting matters in the grand scheme of things are pretty small fry).

The current schedule says (World Only)
- 19:00 Debate
- 20:30 Reaction
– 21:00 World News Today

Wonder why News Channel has pulled WNT surely it could air on BBC Four at 21:00?
thegeek5,119 posts since 1 Jan 2002
London London
Think BBC are providing pool images from the helicopter, a couple of their choppers reported in the air by FlightRadar. Watched an online stream of Fox News earlier and they were using them, although it didn’t look like they were taking the images directly from Sky News like they usually do.

Sky don't appear to have taken helicopter pictures at all.
Newsroom1,783 posts since 2 Mar 2005
Police/BBC: 5 people injured at Monument Station. This is clearly isn't over as I posted before. Seems like an extremely fluid situation.
Last edited by Newsroom on 29 November 2019 3:30pm
Formerly News Room
WARNED x 2
BM111,262 posts since 2 Jun 2017
London London
Police/BBC: 5 people injured at Monument Station. This is clearly isn't over as I posted before. Seems like an extremely fluid situation.

I think that's from the initial incident. Monument station is right by the north entrance to London Bridge and the five injured figure has been reported by Sky for 30 mins or so.
The BBC website doesn't confirm its at the station only the staff say it is - other journalists have reported nearby shopkeepers telling them the police have told five injured.
Newsroom1,783 posts since 2 Mar 2005
My source is from the BBC:

Posted at 15:2215:22
Five people injured, station staff say
PA news agency is reporting that staff at Monument station claim five people have been injured in the incident.

The Tube station has been closed off as armed police investigate.
Formerly News Room
WARNED x 2
AlexS769 posts since 19 Oct 2016
Central (East) Midlands Today
Would the BBC Debate be pulled and replaced by BBC World News / World News Today with the unfolding events

The debate as it stands you'd have to imagine will go ahead and be on BBC1. Whether it will be on the BBC News Channel/World News will depend I guess on how serious this story turns out to be (hopefully not very) and what developments there are in the next few hours. Were the debates originally scheduled to be simulcasted on the news channels? (Though all these broadcasting matters in the grand scheme of things are pretty small fry).

The current schedule says (World Only)
- 19:00 Debate
- 20:30 Reaction
– 21:00 World News Today

Wonder why News Channel has pulled WNT surely it could air on BBC Four at 21:00?

News Channel were probably always planning a separate 21:00 bulletin this evening due to the leaders debate to allow for a much greater focus than could be given on a worldwide bulletin. BBC Four will never air anything other than a bulletin at 19:00 as it is an entertainment rather than news channel.
Inspector Sands13,977 posts since 25 Aug 2004

BBC, Sky and Al Jazeera with rolling coverage.

Al Jazeera's London office is in The Shard at the south end of London Bridge, so along with The Wireless Group/News UK who are next door they are very close to the incident

Normally an advantage being so close. When that other incident on London Bridge happened a few years ago they weren't allowed in or out of the building. I think they ended up doing phone interviews with their own staff who had gone out for a break/for a pint and couldn't get back inside
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 29 November 2019 6:17pm