The Newsroom

Incident on London Bridge

(November 2019)

BM
BM11
Would the BBC Debate be pulled and replaced by BBC World News / World News Today with the unfolding events

Likely the former but not sure about the second - they didnt continue live news post 7pm in 2017 during the Westminster attack.
JF
JF World News (previously JPF) West Country (East) Points West
Would the BBC Debate be pulled and replaced by BBC World News / World News Today with the unfolding events

The debate as it stands you'd have to imagine will go ahead and be on BBC1. Whether it will be on the BBC News Channel/World News will depend I guess on how serious this story turns out to be (hopefully not very) and what developments there are in the next few hours. Were the debates originally scheduled to be simulcasted on the news channels? (Though all these broadcasting matters in the grand scheme of things are pretty small fry).

The current schedule says (World Only)
- 19:00 Debate
- 20:30 Reaction
– 21:00 World News Today

Wonder why News Channel has pulled WNT surely it could air on BBC Four at 21:00?
GE
thegeek Founding member London London
Think BBC are providing pool images from the helicopter, a couple of their choppers reported in the air by FlightRadar. Watched an online stream of Fox News earlier and they were using them, although it didn’t look like they were taking the images directly from Sky News like they usually do.

Sky don't appear to have taken helicopter pictures at all.
MA
mapperuo STV North Reporting Scotland
Hele tele was up over the bridge for all of 2 minutes, quickly flew back to base. Police maybe told them to go away.
NE
Newsroom
Police/BBC: 5 people injured at Monument Station. This is clearly isn't over as I posted before. Seems like an extremely fluid situation.
Last edited by Newsroom on 29 November 2019 3:30pm
Please excuse any typing errors. I am on my third butterfly keyboard (Mac). An update is due the minute what I want is released. Smile
BM
BM11
Police/BBC: 5 people injured at Monument Station. This is clearly isn't over as I posted before. Seems like an extremely fluid situation.

I think that's from the initial incident. Monument station is right by the north entrance to London Bridge and the five injured figure has been reported by Sky for 30 mins or so.
The BBC website doesn't confirm its at the station only the staff say it is - other journalists have reported nearby shopkeepers telling them the police have told five injured.
BM
BM11
From the station but the core of the incident including where it seems the police shot a suspect is on the north side of the bridge i.e the City of London.
NE
Newsroom
My source is from the BBC:

Posted at 15:2215:22
Five people injured, station staff say
PA news agency is reporting that staff at Monument station claim five people have been injured in the incident.

The Tube station has been closed off as armed police investigate.
Please excuse any typing errors. I am on my third butterfly keyboard (Mac). An update is due the minute what I want is released. Smile
BM
BM11
The Metropolitan Police will make a statement at 4pm
AS
AlexS Central (East) Midlands Today

The debate as it stands you'd have to imagine will go ahead and be on BBC1. Whether it will be on the BBC News Channel/World News will depend I guess on how serious this story turns out to be (hopefully not very) and what developments there are in the next few hours. Were the debates originally scheduled to be simulcasted on the news channels? (Though all these broadcasting matters in the grand scheme of things are pretty small fry).

The current schedule says (World Only)
- 19:00 Debate
- 20:30 Reaction
– 21:00 World News Today

Wonder why News Channel has pulled WNT surely it could air on BBC Four at 21:00?

News Channel were probably always planning a separate 21:00 bulletin this evening due to the leaders debate to allow for a much greater focus than could be given on a worldwide bulletin. BBC Four will never air anything other than a bulletin at 19:00 as it is an entertainment rather than news channel.
BM
BM11
A suspect shot by police today at London Bridge has died, two sources with knowledge of the investigation say.
IS
Inspector Sands
rob posted:

BBC, Sky and Al Jazeera with rolling coverage.

Al Jazeera's London office is in The Shard at the south end of London Bridge, so along with The Wireless Group/News UK who are next door they are very close to the incident

Normally an advantage being so close. When that other incident on London Bridge happened a few years ago they weren't allowed in or out of the building. I think they ended up doing phone interviews with their own staff who had gone out for a break/for a pint and couldn't get back inside
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 29 November 2019 6:17pm

Newer posts