The Newsroom

Incident on London Bridge

(November 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RO
rob Founding member
No news report at 3pm on BBC One or ITV.
JV
James Vertigan Founding member
No news reports on the main channels as yet, surprised BBC One didn’t say anything before Escape To The Country.
NE
Newsroom
I have to say Rebecca Jones is doing a fantastic job solo. I'd have expected the World presenter to have joined her.
BF
BFGArmy
CNNi are now simulcasting CNN Domestic which is stupid! It should be CNNi who run the simulcast. ugh!

Even more so during Thanksgiving Week where you imagine it may be a more second-string Domestic line-up. Seems to be very much the norm these days on CNN though.
SS
SuperSajuuk
Agreed, Rebecca doing fantasic. All Afternoon Live branding seems to have been removed so it's just running as a generic BBC News bulletin. Wonder if the World presenter will join at 4pm to double head the developing story.
BM
BM11
Agreed, Rebecca doing fantasic. All Afternoon Live branding seems to have been removed so it's just running as a generic BBC News bulletin. Wonder if the World presenter will join at 4pm to double head the developing story.

Maybe - depends if they think enough breaking developments will occur.
NE
Newsroom
Now been declared a terrorist incident. Apparently and according to the BBC's Andy Moore, a civilian spotted someone possibly wearing a suicide bombing vest and floored him.
BM
BM11

Sky News understands at least one person has been killed not including the attacker
JF
JF World News
Would the BBC Debate be pulled and replaced by BBC World News / World News Today with the unfolding events
NE
Newsroom
This video says a lot about what's happened.

https://www.facebook.com/alexcnalex/videos/10156583169231720/
BF
BFGArmy
Would the BBC Debate be pulled and replaced by BBC World News / World News Today with the unfolding events

The debate as it stands you'd have to imagine will go ahead and be on BBC1. Whether it will be on the BBC News Channel/World News will depend I guess on how serious this story turns out to be (hopefully not very) and what developments there are in the next few hours. Were the debates originally scheduled to be simulcasted on the news channels? (Though all these broadcasting matters in the grand scheme of things are pretty small fry).
NE
Newsroom

The debate as it stands you'd have to imagine will go ahead and be on BBC1. Whether it will be on the BBC News Channel/World News will depend I guess on how serious this story turns out to be (hopefully not very) and what developments there are in the next few hours. Were the debates originally scheduled to be simulcasted on the news channels? (Though all these broadcasting matters in the grand scheme of things are pretty small fry).

It's believed the event is over. Source: BBC

Newer posts