TV Home Forum

BBC Oneness - idents and presentation

"Watch this space" as BBC Creative respond to ident change request (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NA
natwel27
When do you reckon we'll see the teaser for the Christmas 2019 promo?

Probably tomorrow or Friday at the earliest. Maybe even later today if we’re really lucky.

So you haven't got a clue then. Laughing
I reckon probably sometime before Christmas at the earliest.
ET
ethanh05
Probably tomorrow or Friday at the earliest. Maybe even later today if we’re really lucky.

So you haven't got a clue then. Laughing
I reckon probably sometime before Christmas at the earliest.

I think it will be on... a date.
PE
peterh
Have just seen something from a few weeks back where bbc one wales announced a programme with a bbc two wales ident on screen - so although the screen logo said bbc two wales , the announcement said now on bbc one wales
SP
Steve in Pudsey
That's happened before when a programme has moved channel at short notice and the Director has copied and pasted the running order into the automation.
JA
JAS84
You'd think they'd sub in the generic "This is BBC Two" announcement in that situation, assuming there's no time to re-record the announcement or do it live.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
The announcement is live, it's just the wrong ident in the playlist.
JA
JAS84
I guess I misread Peter's post then. Thought the programme had moved from One to Two, rather than Two to One.

22 days later

RD
RDJ
Still Open All Hours is currently being transmitted in some very weird aspect ratio.

The top and bottom is being cut off. There was a bit of a glitch after the ident aired when this happened. It’s still not been rectified.
:-(
A former member
Which platform? Currently recording from Freesat with no problems.
AN
Andrew Founding member
At least on Freeview SD. HD is ok.
:-(
A former member
At least on Freeview SD. HD is ok.

You're right - HD is okay on Freesat, but SD is well and truly squishy-vision.
BR
Brekkie
Squash the picture a bit more and remove the sound and it might be the best episode yet.
bitxoin and davidhorman gave kudos

Newer posts