TV Home Forum

Christmas TV 2019

Programmes, schedules etc. (November 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
The BBC media pack is out now with details of Christmas / New Year programming.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediapacks/xmas19tv
JA
JAS84
No mention of New Year there. In fact, I'm surprised Doctor Who is mentioned there, as it was widely expected to start on New Year's Day (like the previous special) i.e. after the festive branding is taken off air. Makes me wonder if that actually returns on the weekend of 28-29 December instead, despite that trailer saying 2020.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
No mention of New Year?

Apart from the Top of the Pops New Year Special, Jools Hootenanny & New Year's Day concert?
:-(
A former member
Doctor who has got a new haircut Wink
AR
Argybargy
JAS84 posted:
No mention of New Year there. In fact, I'm surprised Doctor Who is mentioned there, as it was widely expected to start on New Year's Day (like the previous special) i.e. after the festive branding is taken off air. Makes me wonder if that actually returns on the weekend of 28-29 December instead, despite that trailer saying 2020.

The BBC have, for a good while now, included programmes for New Years Day as part of their Christmas promotion, even though the normal idents and non-festive presentation resumes on January 1st.

If you recall, one of the Christmas 2015 Sprout Boy idents included Sherlock and Watson. By the time it was screened on New Years Day, the Sprout Boy idents had gone.
Last edited by Argybargy on 26 November 2019 10:15am
BR
Brekkie
Used to be the week after Christmas was considered part of the festive period rather than mid November.
AR
Argybargy
Used to be the week after Christmas was considered part of the festive period rather than mid November.

Indeed. I remember in the late 80s and early 90s, even though the Christmas idents were usually gone by December 27th, the surrounding festive presentation/trails would continue up to and including January 1st. So if they were continuing with the trails over that period, why could they not also have kept showing the associated idents as well? Always found that a bit odd at the time.
JC
JCB
A sneak preview of the upcoming 'Gavin & Stacey' Christmas special has been attached to the end of series 3 episode 6 on the iplayer.
JO
Josh
JCB posted:
A sneak preview of the upcoming 'Gavin & Stacey' Christmas special has been attached to the end of series 3 episode 6 on the iplayer.

A bit of an odd choice of episode.
NW
nwtv2003
Josh posted:
JCB posted:

A bit of an odd choice of episode.

Why is that an odd choice? That was the last episode they made prior to this episode being shown on Christmas Day.
JK
JKDerry
Should we guess that Sunday December 1st will be the unveiling of the BBC One Christmas presentation?
ET
ethanh05
Should we guess that Sunday December 1st will be the unveiling of the BBC One Christmas presentation?

I'd wager maybe even Saturday, despite it not being even December.

Newer posts