The Newsroom

The Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Thread

(August 2004)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SW
Steve Williams
For no discernible reason, I assume?

Yes, there was a reason - because Hull Trains have just launched a load of new trains and it was recently announced they were Britain's most unreliable train company.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-50547528

I know it's not the most compelling bit of news but it's clearly local news and exactly what a local news programme should be covering, surely.
London Lite and bilky asko gave kudos
LL
London Lite Founding member
Levy was also on Afternoon Live from Hull station, so important enough to feature on News Nationwide.
FB
Fluffy Bunny Feet
And one day last week too. Did anyone catch it? It was a serious report from the Hull newsroom about a fan injured by a flare at a concert that ended with him joking about Simon McCoy not suffering the same fate at his Michael Buble concert. Not in the best taste considering the poor woman's injury.
PA
Parker
For no discernible reason, I assume?

Yes, there was a reason - because Hull Trains have just launched a load of new trains and it was recently announced they were Britain's most unreliable train company.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-50547528

I know it's not the most compelling bit of news but it's clearly local news and exactly what a local news programme should be covering, surely.

Except he had the chance, but failed to ask Hull Train supremo Cheeseman why the company failed so badly after she took it over, She blocked any responses to complaints and pretended nothing was wrong with her management it was just the trains. The truth is far more interesting, but that is journalism and its in short supply in Hull. Better to have Levy simper after a few rather poorly equipped IET's with no proper catering.
ST
South Today
I love the fact how pally pally they were when last year she wouldn't even talk to the BBC in Hull! ''Thank you for watching live from Platform 7 at Hull station''... must have had a least 10 mentions in the 28 minute programme!
SP
Spencer

Anyone know what went out instead? Granada, London or the holding loop?
JA
JAS84
Holding loop I assume, as it sounds like they just failed to opt in because they evacuated and wouldn't have had time to get Granada or Tyne Tees to step in.
MA
Markymark
JAS84 posted:
Holding loop I assume, as it sounds like they just failed to opt in because they evacuated and wouldn't have had time to get Granada or Tyne Tees to step in.

I've lost track these days, is the Calendar studio co sited with the Leeds playout Centre?
SP
Spencer
JAS84 posted:

I've lost track these days, is the Calendar studio co sited with the Leeds playout Centre?

I think they're all in the same main building now along with Emmerdale. Isn't Calendar in what was the YTV bar?
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Did Granada, Tyne Tees etc make it to air for that opt?
JA
JAS84
Unlike Yorkshire, Granada and Tyne Tees have no apologies on Twitter, so I assume they did.

MA
Markymark
JAS84 posted:
Unlike Yorkshire, Granada and Tyne Tees have no apologies on Twitter, so I assume they did.

]

Quite possibly the opts occurred as normal (isn't it a router salvo fired off from the GMB gallery to Chiswick and Leeds) but enough time (for Leeds) to still cancel the salvo for YTV?

Newer posts