TV Home Forum

The Late Late Gay Byrne Irish Television Thread

Irish TV legend passes away (October 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BK
bkman1990
Prime Time has a new set. It looks very like the RTÉ News studio, using a similar video wall. They are using the same desk as before.

The set has been used once before for a special live debate on a possible No Deal Brexit for Ireland a few weeks ago.

It looks great. The set has plenty of space around it. It looks like a lite version of Studio B for Newsnight.
LL
London Lite Founding member
The Six O'Clock Show seems to be used to see out the contracts of the former Xposé presenters, first there was British presenter Nadine Reid and now Glenda Gilson covering for Muireann O'Connell last Friday.
BK
bkman1990
RTÉ have launched their trailers for The Late Late Toy Show & The Late Late Toy Show Unwrapped this week.

There appears to be no change to their Christmas presentation graphics this year.

Although this year's slogan has changed to "Now; You're Home".
JK
JKDerry
RTÉ have launched their trailers for The Late Late Toy Show & The Late Late Toy Show Unwrapped this week.

There appears to be no change to their Christmas presentation graphics this year.

Do you have any idea how Ryan Tubridy will continue as host? He said a few years back that his tenure will be close in length to Pat Kenny's, but he surpassed Pat's ten year tenure, I wonder how long he will stay there, and how many more Toy Shows he will do?
DM
DeeMartie

Do you have any idea how Ryan Tubridy will continue as host? He said a few years back that his tenure will be close in length to Pat Kenny's, but he surpassed Pat's ten year tenure, I wonder how long he will stay there, and how many more Toy Shows he will do?

I can see him going for the 15 or maybe even 20 year mark. Then I think he will call it a day. Don't know who could replace him but. Personally I can't stand Ray Darcy and in the current climate its probably likely they will pick a woman so I'm guessing it would be Claire Byrne
TV
TVLand
Karen is presenting Ireland AM solo this morning. She hasn’t said why she’s on her own. Not sure if i’ve ever seen Ireland AM presented by just one member of the team. Normally they’d get some sort of filler in (Simon, Anna, Claire, Laura...).

Update: Ger Treacy has stepped in for this mornings discussion about “Accessibility on Public Transport”.
Last edited by TVLand on 26 November 2019 7:38am
BK
bkman1990
Wow. The RTÉ studio in use for their Champions League match coverage tonight between Real Madrid & PSG looks outstanding.
JK
JKDerry
Wow. The RTÉ studio in use for their Champions League match coverage tonight between Real Madrid & PSG looks outstanding.

I presume it is Studio 5 at RTE, that is their sports studio
JK
JKDerry
Kc123 posted:

I can see him going for the 15 or maybe even 20 year mark. Then I think he will call it a day. Don't know who could replace him but. Personally I can't stand Ray Darcy and in the current climate its probably likely they will pick a woman so I'm guessing it would be Claire Byrne

Isn't Miriam O'Callaghan very popular as a talk show host in Ireland?
BK
bkman1990
Here is a little snippet of the studio on RTÉ Soccer Twitter account.

DM
DeeMartie
Kc123 posted:

She is yeah but she's a bit full of herself. Claire Byrne is a political Commentator and has her own show but she comes across as a really good interviewer. If it was my choice I'd pick her all day over Miriam.
TV
TVLand
Kc123 posted:
Kc123 posted:

She is yeah but she's a bit full of herself. Claire Byrne is a political Commentator and has her own show but she comes across as a really good interviewer. If it was my choice I'd pick her all day over Miriam.

If you watched the Gay Byrne Late Late Special, Miriam spent the night trying her best to be noticed so she’d be asked for her input.
chinamug and DeeMartie gave kudos

Newer posts