The Newsroom

2019 General Christmas election.

12th December: NO drama just presentation. (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
Seems it is Michael Ball and Alfie Boe's fault Elstree is unavailable. They're recording a show for ITV the next day. 8 out of 10 Cats there the next week but can't see anything in the lead up, but could be booked for non-audience shows.

https://www.sroaudiences.com/application.asp?show_id=2042
Last edited by Brekkie on 22 November 2019 6:50pm
bkman1990 and Parker gave kudos
PA
Parker
There is the wider BBC business politics involved too. BBC news doing the wider BBC out of revenue is an issue in these rather odd days. Whoever of who stumps up the money gets the best studios.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
It's a bit of a big assumption that BBC News would have wanted to hire a big studio if one had been available.

They have already had to find the money to cover the European Elections in May from this financial year, now this General Election. It's quite possible that they wouldn't have the funds for a big production in Elstree D (which is more than just the cost of studio hire) on this occasion.
japitts, London Lite and Brekkie gave kudos
BM
BM11

Proving the complaints are wrong before the inevitable ranting headlines appear.
DM
DeMarkay
Really there is nothing to these election promos..

Someone’s expecting big production values for a Question Time Promo.
AN
Andrew Founding member
I thought I recognised that audience member. She’s often in Coronation Street
GMc, DeMarkay and chevron gave kudos
GE
thegeek Founding member
Really there is nothing to these election promos..

Is it supposed to be a generic black door, because the style of the numbers is wrong for the real Number 10 (which has an O not a 0)

Some nitpicking about QT: why is the multicoloured election hexagon branding on the backdrop in two different orientations? Why is LEADERS SPECIAL missing an apostrophe? Why is QUESTION TIME on the rostrum in Gill Sans?
BM11 posted:

wasn't there a The Thick of It storyline about a focus group member who was an actor?
BF
BFGArmy
Been away from a TV thus far evening and my big takeaway is that Twitter is most definitely NOT the way to follow these election programmes.
SP
Spencer
I thought I recognised that audience member. She’s often in Coronation Street

Ah, the police detective, of course! It’s been bugging me where I knew her from. I was convinced at first she worked in my local Costcutter.
:-(
A former member
The member requested removal of this post
Last edited by A former member on 22 November 2019 9:43pm
japitts, Stuart and London Lite gave kudos
UK
UKnews
It's a bit of a big assumption that BBC News would have wanted to hire a big studio if one had been available.

They have already had to find the money to cover the European Elections in May from this financial year, now this General Election. It's quite possible that they wouldn't have the funds for a big production in Elstree D (which is more than just the cost of studio hire) on this occasion.

The European Election coverage was produced from NBH in B as (smaller scale) test for a General Election. Using NBH had been under consideration for some time, whenever the General Election happened, it’s wasn’t suddenly decided last month because Elstree wasn’t available. If the election had happened in 2021 or 2022 then it would have been in NBH, because it’s a longer term budget consideration, not specifically related to there having been other elections this year.
DV
dvboy
Victoria Derbyshire won't air on election day. Instead, Newsroom Live will start at 10:00 to 13:00 and simulcast on BBC Two throughout on 12 December.

Looks like the BBC and ITV both start their election results coverage from 21:55.

Newer posts