The Newsroom

Newsnight

(September 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RK
Rkolsen
Oh dear, they had an aston with their political editor's name on screen for the start of the programme tonight. Bit sloppy.

Sloppy or they’re still occasionally figuring out the new studio. From mediaboy’s posts on social media when he launched 34D they were running Mosart but it appeared BBC Persian was still running ENPS. Don’t know if a Mosart system can work or be setup with two different NRCS.
DE
deejay
Mosart happily worked with both Enps and OpenMedia during the trials and dual running. But I believe all services are now on OpenMedia.
IS
Inspector Sands
Last one left using ENPS migrated the other week
RK
Rkolsen
Oh dear, they had an aston with their political editor's name on screen for the start of the programme tonight. Bit sloppy.

Sloppy or they’re still occasionally figuring out the new studio. From mediaboy’s posts on social media when he launched 34D they were running Mosart but it appeared BBC Persian was still running ENPS. Don’t know if a Mosart system can work or be setup with two different NRCS.

Here’s the post I was thinking of...

Whose the “Mosartist” the one on the left or right? The one on the right has preview/program monitors and the one on the left looks like there’s a program monitor but may be looking at the promoter on the multiviewer. While in the middle appears to be a mid level new Sony switcher.
NG
noggin Founding member

Here’s the post I was thinking of...

Whose the “Mosartist” the one on the left or right? The one on the right has preview/program monitors and the one on the left looks like there’s a program monitor but may be looking at the promoter on the multiviewer. While in the middle appears to be a mid level new Sony switcher.

Unless they are setting up a new studio it's unlikely there will be Mosartist in a gallery day-to-day. That term is usually reserved for a Mosart guru who does initial set-up, not en end-user driving Mosart (who is usually called a 'director')

The person on the far right of frame looks to be the director, who is operating the Mosart screens in front of them to drive the show, as you can just see an X-keys style 'bash box' creeping out, and they have a big ENPS screen alongside their Mosart screen... They also have what look to be nice big TX and PVW screens - which is quite big hint they are the director (As this tweet is from October, presumably BBC Arabic have since migrated to OpenMedia)

There is someone in the middle sitting at the vision mixer - presumably because the show isn't being fully cut in Mosart (some shows cut interviews with a VM on the mixer still)

The person on the far left of frame with a duplicate Mosart screen (and a lighting desk) may well be a second director who is supporting the main director in Mosart terms, and handling incoming outside source routing (there is a BNCS screen next to their ENPS screen by the look of it) They presumably also load lighting plots for different shows.
Last edited by noggin on 20 November 2019 6:34pm
AI
aircheck
What is the reason for Newsnight moving studio temporarily?
DO
dosxuk
Elections
AI
aircheck
I get that, but I suppose my question should've been, what is stopping Newsnight using their regular studio during the election campaign period?
TI
TIGHazard
I get that, but I suppose my question should've been, what is stopping Newsnight using their regular studio during the election campaign period?

The actual election night coverage is coming from it and they need to rehearse.
NE
neonemesis
There is now a new set in Studio B and election programmes require a large amount of technical and other rehearsals due to the complexity of the broadcast. Shifting programmes out of B frees up space and time to get that work done in the next few weeks.
Ittr, London Lite and JamesWorldNews gave kudos
HA
harshy Founding member
Why can’t they use Elstree for the big election Studio B not big enough it will lack atmosphere and people in the background getting the latest info.
TR
trance
Why can’t they use Elstree for the big election Studio B not big enough it will lack atmosphere and people in the background getting the latest info.

It is either not available as it is already booked around Christmas time and/or it is cheaper to hold it in NBH.

Newer posts