The Gallery

Britbox

Using the BBC & itv logos as inspiration (November 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MO
Moz
Think the existing britbox logo is awful, and really can't understand why they didn't try to use the existing brands more.

So...

AG
AxG
Yeah but that 't'. Confused
LN
LondonNewsBites
The 't' looks like its going to connect with another letter. Like a V perhaps..

4/5. You just need to cut the joinup at the Arrow of the 't'. Then it'l look good
Toasty603, lukeshep and Ittr gave kudos
MO
Moz
AxG posted:
Yeah but that 't'. Confused

I did consider tidying it up but quite liked the quirkiness of it.
MO
Moz
Here goes...

CA
Capybara
The second revision is much better. Not a fan of BOX but that's just the nature of the design.
Toasty603, Josh and Moz gave kudos
CH
chris
Stepping away from the design, having a logo based on ITV and BBC isn’t going to be very attractive to Channel 4 and Channel 5.
MO
Moz
chris posted:
Stepping away from the design, having a logo based on ITV and BBC isn’t going to be very attractive to Channel 4 and Channel 5.

Isn't that's what britbox is though? Just BBC and itv programmes?

JO
Josh
Moz posted:
chris posted:

Isn't that's what britbox is though? Just BBC and itv programmes?

https://www.channel4.com/press/news/brand-new-uk-streaming-service-open-business-partnerships-struck-channel-4-bt-and-ee
MO
Moz
Reckon the BOX was too big. Is this any better...?

And with the original t which I still think adds something!

PF
PFML84
Aren’t Channel 4 and Channel 5 part of it now as well? Can a logo be created using elements of the 4 blocks and the 5 segments?
MO
Moz
Didn’t even know Channel 5 was still a thing to be honest.

Look, I don’t even watch itv and rarely watch C4. I’m a BBC man!

The logo popped up on something, it had the BBC and itv logos below it (see above) and I just thought this would have been a better way of doing it!

Newer posts