TV Home Forum

I’m A Celebrity.........2019

THE WINNER 2019: SEE PAGE 18 (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AN
Andrew Founding member
It’ll be Alright on the Night, although it hasn’t been continuous.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Is YBF still being made anyway? They just seem to keep trotting out the same yeas old Harry Hill episodes every time I see it.

Apparently the latest series ended in March and was series 30.
BR
Brekkie
Trouble with YBF is a "new" series can feature clips from the 90s.
SW
Steve Williams
I believe Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway was originally LWT.

Although it's always been made at The London Studios, it was originally a Granada production - indeed the format was devised by a Granada researcher as part of a drive to encourage staff at all levels to come up with programme ideas. Although by that point Granada and LWT were pretty much interchangable.

I was going to ask about shows stripped across the week in the days of the London split as it's a relatively new thing in primetime, but then obviously Corrie aired across LWT/Carlton and the likes of Home and Away did as well and I guess Crossroads before it.

Going way off topic here but how did they handle the likes of Blockbusters, which regions would often show at their own pace. Easy enough if just Thames/Carlton showed it, but if LWT wanted to air it on Fridays or indeed the weekend I guess they had to be in sync.

At the turn of the century, ITV very frequently showed two-part dramas on a Sunday and Monday, which had the benefit of ensuring both Carlton and LWT would benefit. Of course after 1993 it wouldn't be an issue because the ITV Network Centre was now in business and they were able to schedule programmes for whatever day they wanted, hence The Clive James Show was a Carlton production on the weekend as early as 1995.

Thames and LWT showed Blockbusters in the same week very frequently in the eighties, LWT often showed it on Saturdays. Obviously common sense prevailed in this instance.
:-(
A former member
Lwt and Thames were sharing shows before blockbusters. The young doctors being one, how that got shown at 5.15 is just strange.

There has been a whole host of shows shared yet people still think there hated each and never promoted each others shows.
JA
james-2001
Wasn't the Mr Bean Christmas special shown by LWT? Though that was only a few days before Thames closed down.
MA
Markymark
Lwt and Thames were sharing shows before blockbusters. The young doctors being one, how that got shown at 5.15 is just strange.

There has been a whole host of shows shared yet people still think there hated each and never promoted each others shows.

Wasn't the London epilogue programme 'Night Thoughts' a Thames production, that LWT also screened for their three close-downs per week too ?
JA
james-2001
Thames did LWT's news for several years too.
LL
London Lite Founding member

Under the Thames Weekend News branding.
SW
Steve Williams
Wasn't the Mr Bean Christmas special shown by LWT? Though that was only a few days before Thames closed down.

No, it was on Tuesday 29th December.
IS
Inspector Sands

Only on Friday evenings though
LN
LondonNewsBites
An LWT logo in the purple square of the reunion show is anything to go by:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZHbsO0-lm0
(end credits from around 6:30)

How long have the ITV regions (not sure if its all of them) used that type of credits?

Newer posts