TV Home Forum

I’m A Celebrity.........2019

THE WINNER 2019: SEE PAGE 18 (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
Gloria Hunniford revealed today that she was asked to participate this year and even advanced to the stage of having production/editorial meetings with the creators. But eventually decided against it. (She told this to Joey Essex during a segment on LW today).
JO
Jonwo
Isn’t Gloria a bit too old for IAC?
JA
james-2001
I'm sure there's been older contestants.
FB
Fluffy Bunny Feet
Jonwo posted:
Isn’t Gloria a bit too old for IAC?

What???
CA
Capybara

I think the oldest contestant was George Takei, aged 71 going into the Jungle in 2008. Gloria Hunniford is 79.
BA
bilky asko

I think the oldest contestant was George Takei, aged 71 going into the Jungle in 2008. Gloria Hunniford is 79.

Stanley Johnson was the oldest at 77.
JA
james-2001
I think I was thinking of Frank Carson, he was going to be on it in his 80s, but then he had to pull out because of health issues.
BM
BM11
I think I was thinking of Frank Carson, he was going to be on it in his 80s, but then he had to pull out because of health issues.

Looking at Wiki I think he was 78 when he was negotiating to go in.
JA
james-2001
Was it that long ago? I thought it was more recent that that... time flies.
SS
SuperSajuuk
So the sound effect relating to the old spider web transition VT was used just now and it really really doesn't fit the CGI animal it was used on. I hope they bring back the older transition clips asap, 'cause those are clearly better than the CGI ones.

The SFX used on the true transition clip which works
AN
Andrew Founding member
Episode 2 and we’ve already had an appearance from Bob.
JO
Jonwo
I bet Channel 5 are thrilled with Adele’s Jane McDonald love, free publicity for the two TV shows

Newer posts