TV Home Forum

Children In Need 2019

The eye of the Pudsey (November 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IS
Inspector Sands
London has gone away from the opt-out quite early to sort out issues.

Watching it back on iPlayer they didn't finish early, they just ended abruptly at the end of their slot.

The animation of Pudsey seen after they ended was the opt in point, it's a bit longer on the network/HD versions so that everyone else can opt back cleanly.
RA
radiolistener
I cant understand why they dont allocate an half hour slot for the regions and get it over and done with, otherwise it becomes an disjointed mess.
BK
bkman1990
London opt-out is back.
MA
mapperuo
London opt-out is back.

Audio sync issues and crackling still for me.
BJ
BerkshireJames
London opt-out brought to you by the Acorn Antiques crew complete with in-shot boom
JA
james-2001
London opt-out is back.

Audio sync issues and crackling still for me.

They've just put an apology caption up.
IS
Inspector Sands
The London VTs played fine, the picture breakup looked from the wireless digi link on the camera rather than the overall OB. Surprised they didn't have it fixed for hit 2, maybe couldn't run a cable into the building in time.

Not just a building, but the old Mail Rail depot so an underground tunnel. Possibly not the most simple location to broadcast from
IS
Inspector Sands
I cant understand why they dont allocate an half hour slot for the regions and get it over and done with, otherwise it becomes an disjointed mess.

Because the regional bits are and always have been rubbish and everyone would turn over
BU
buster
A shame if London is done for the night - really good idea to do it from the Mail Rail! Worth a visit if you’re in the area.
AN
Andrew Founding member
With so many people watching in HD and no red screen telling you to turn over, the actual regional opt outs probably have fewer viewers with each and every year.

The Pudsey animations were new one year, and now like everything, are just used every year.

The rickshaw challenge was a new idea and now they just do exactly the same thing every year

And you can tell Graham Norton would prefer to be doing his usual presenting style with cutting gags rather than this cheese fest.
IS
Inspector Sands
A shame if London is done for the night - really good idea to do it from the Mail Rail! Worth a visit if you’re in the area.

That's the last regional opt of the night I think, they and the other region I was watching said goodbye
BK
bkman1990
The Rickshaw Challenge has raised a new record amount this year amounting to £8,521,680.

Newer posts