« Topics
JKDerry2,457 posts since 15 Oct 2016
UTV Newsline
Just caught up on this interview with Ronan Farrow about his serious book about how the Weinstein allegations were said to have been covered up by the industry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKvD241HWtw

Piers and Susanna try to turn it into a petty squabble about changing the lyrics of Baby It's Cold Outside, but Ronan masterfully steers the conversation back to the important issue.

In the end they force the gear change by talking about Ronan's mother Mia Farrow who Piers rang up the night before specifically so he could bring it up on air. Ronan clearly felt it's an odd thing to do and I found the whole thing embarrassing.

This just exposes what GMB is all about - the constant need to try and attract headlines, trying to get attention, knowing this interview would be online for the whole world to see. Pathetic in parts, but not surprising.
Jeffmister, ittrgrey and 5 others
  • BFGArmy
  • DavidWhitfield
  • JTCameron29
  • BBI45
  • Parker
gave kudos
Parker119 posts since 16 May 2019
Just caught up on this interview with Ronan Farrow about his serious book about how the Weinstein allegations were said to have been covered up by the industry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKvD241HWtw

Piers and Susanna try to turn it into a petty squabble about changing the lyrics of Baby It's Cold Outside, but Ronan masterfully steers the conversation back to the important issue.

In the end they force the gear change by talking about Ronan's mother Mia Farrow who Piers rang up the night before specifically so he could bring it up on air. Ronan clearly felt it's an odd thing to do and I found the whole thing embarrassing.

This just exposes what GMB is all about - the constant need to try and attract headlines, trying to get attention, knowing this interview would be online for the whole world to see. Pathetic in parts, but not surprising.

Sadly the whole programme is becoming pathetic, cheap downmarket trash.
..."at the first sign of danger my pussy's hairs stand on end" Betty Slocombe 27/05/1975
nigel gave kudos
JamesWorldNews8,838 posts since 22 Aug 2004
STV Central BBC World News
Just saw the Bill Turnbull interview, where he agrees to present the programme occasionally with Susanna Reid when Piers Morgan is away.

I wonder if he’ll really do it? That would be rather nice. An odd one day, here and there.
@JamesWorldNews | #StayHomeSaveLives
Toasty603 and DeMarkay gave kudos
Custard56 (previously Jay Lee) 657 posts since 7 Apr 2015
London
Just saw the Bill Turnbull interview, where he agrees to present the programme occasionally with Susanna Reid when Piers Morgan is away.

I wonder if he’ll really do it? That would be rather nice. An odd one day, here and there.

I realise he doesn't owe anything to a programme that he fronted for over a decade and that there's no such thing as loyalty behind the scenes in the world of broadcast media, but it feels like two fingers up at BBC Breakfast.

It doesn't surprise me at all, though, given how much of a fan of Susanna Reid he's always been. (Even if his on screen partnership with Sian Williams on Breakfast was far superior.)
Last edited by Custard56 on 14 November 2019 9:06pm - 5 times in total
ittrgrey, DeMarkay and 2 others
  • Toasty603
  • Ben Shatliff
gave kudos
JamesWorldNews8,838 posts since 22 Aug 2004
STV Central BBC World News
I found your original reply rather perplexing, Jay Lee. I see you’ve edited it 5 times thereafter.

Brekkie and Steve hit the nail on the head, IMO.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I respect yours. But fundamentally disagree with it (pre and post edit).

I, for one, see no harm whatsoever in Bill hosting a one-off edition of GMB with Susanna. It’s his choice.
@JamesWorldNews | #StayHomeSaveLives
ittrgrey and Steve in Pudsey gave kudos
No further posts are being accepted for this topic