TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Costa & Coop p68: Repeats on ITV3: Is there too many spoilers?

BA
bilky asko Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
tmf9 posted:
Sky's analogue service didn't have an EPG, but the track was one of many used as EPG background music on the digital service, pre-HD.

Yes, I presume Stuart meant to say Sky Digital instead of Sky analogue.

Avatar Credit: © Independent Television News. Avatar Subject: Jonathan George Snow HonFRIBA
ST
Stuart West Country (West) Spotlight
tmf9 posted:
Sky's analogue service didn't have an EPG, but the track was one of many used as EPG background music on the digital service, pre-HD.

Yes, I presume Stuart meant to say Sky Digital instead of Sky analogue.

My bad. I did indeed mean the pre-HD EPG. Very Happy
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
Entrance to the Corrie studios used again tonight, supposedly as the entrance of "HM Prison Highfield".

Very flexible building, it's been a prison, hospital and Freshco so far.
SP
Spencer Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Entrance to the Corrie studios used again tonight, supposedly as the entrance of "HM Prison Highfield".

Very flexible building, it's been a prison, hospital and Freshco so far.

And Bessie Street School too.

It is surprising how many buildings in Weatherfield all have the same distinctive grey patterned brickwork.
james-2001 and Ben Shatliff gave kudos
JA
We even saw the back of it from across the Manchester Ship Canal in one episode.

Also, another close look at last night's episode, you can see the top of the dot in the i in the ITV logo where they've covered it up with a prison sign, you can also see one of the big satellite dishes behind the gates.

It's the same in Emmerdale where the outside of the Kirkstall Road studios has been used as several different buildings, most often a hospital.
JA
It's the final two episodes that were shown on Granada Plus today.
JW
JamesWorldNews Central World News
I’ve obviously missed it in the pages above, but sad to hear that Bev is leaving Coronation Street.

She’ll be a guest Loose Woman today.
@JamesWorldNews | #StayHomeSaveLives
JA
Until she comes back after a couple of years, like all the other times she's left.
PH
Philheybrookbay West Country (West) Spotlight
I see we've the new Ivy lips appearing now.....
JA
Today's second episode was a Granada Plus edit. Looks like we've got an edit that G+ never showed. They clearly had episodes edited at least this far when they closed down.
JA
Another Granada Plus edit on today's second episode (28/3/94), this means Granada Plus would have had at least 4 weeks' worth of episodes edited and in the can at the time they closed down.
BR
Brekkie Recently warned Wales Wales Today
Not surprising really- it's not like they edited them the day of broadcast. IIRC it closed around November so they may have had until the end of the year sorted, perhaps a bit longer with the Christmas break in mind. Possible to there was a view that ITV3 would pick them up too, just took 14 years longer than they might have hoped.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.

Newer posts