TV Home Forum

GMB & This Morning to be extended-Official

From January 6th (November 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
james-2001
I'm still suprised they didn't get rid of the 9:25 change and move it to 9:30 with the new 1993 franchises, the reason for it, to allow the ITV companies to run their startup sequence, had already long since become redundant by then.
johnnyboy, Si-Co and Lou Scannon gave kudos
:-(
A former member
Why is this SO HARD to understand? NO change to 09.25 switchover. ( weekend have not changed either) Remember Home and Away on Thames and LWT on Friday that crossed the switchover point with out anyone caring.

The adverts at 09.21 will go out as normal and 09.25 STV will take full control.

Unless someone can provide a doc to OFCOM stating a request to change this, this is storm in teacup.
JA
james-2001
Maybe it will technically still be there, but it will have gone for all intents and purposes as far as viewers are concerned, with programmes no longer starting at that time.
:-(
A former member
Maybe it will technically still be there, but it will have gone for all intents and purposes as far as viewers are concerned, with programmes no longer starting at that time.

I do hope you understand my above was more in general reaction to this thread, than to your post specifically.

of course come Scottish election time, STV might want to opt out at 09.25, while weekends still have that odd time,.
IS
Inspector Sands

The adverts at 09.21 will go out as normal and 09.25 STV will take full control.

I doubt there will be a fixed 9:21 ad break there. As long as the last breakfast break ends before 9:25 they can do whatever they want
BR
Brekkie
Inevitable but a shame they couldn't try something new at 9.25. Just no risk taking in TV anymore but financially this would be the cheapest way to fill the slot I imagine.

Will be interesting to see how the extra half hour impacts GMBs ratings - in theory should bring up the average.
MI
m_in_m
Good luck to the TM crew with that reduced rehearsal time! Shocked

TM really do get squeezed with this change. Presumably given the sets share a studio they have to be careful what preparation they do while GMB is on air.
JO
Jonwo
Inevitable but a shame they couldn't try something new at 9.25. Just no risk taking in TV anymore but financially this would be the cheapest way to fill the slot I imagine.

Will be interesting to see how the extra half hour impacts GMBs ratings - in theory should bring up the average.

I wonder how a longer This Morning will affect the ratings as well.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
The difficulty will come when there is some breaking news and they either want GMB to stay on after 9 or do newsflashes into Lorraine. The logistics of that and This Morning sharing a studio are likely to be awkward, although in circumstances which justify that kind of thing TM's running order is likely to go out of the window to react anyway, particularly if it's a day when Eamonn is hosting.
JO
Jonwo
The difficulty will come when there is some breaking news and they either want GMB to stay on after 9 or do newsflashes into Lorraine. The logistics of that and This Morning sharing a studio are likely to be awkward, although in circumstances which justify that kind of thing TM's running order is likely to go out of the window to react anyway, particularly if it's a day when Eamonn is hosting.

I think when Christine was covering Lorraine last summer, they had updates during the programme due to an incident which Christine did brilliantly.

This Morning tends to react to breaking coverage well like Theresa May's resigning so I imagine that'll be case even with the longer running time.
JO
johnnyboy Founding member
Why is this SO HARD to understand? NO change to 09.25 switchover. ( weekend have not changed either) Remember Home and Away on Thames and LWT on Friday that crossed the switchover point with out anyone caring.

Unless someone can provide a doc to OFCOM stating a request to change this, this is storm in teacup.

So, it will change to 9.30 then?
JK
JKDerry

So, it will change to 9.30 then?

No, ITV have outlined their new schedule from January 2020, and they would not have put it together knowing if OFCOM was going to slam them for it. The schedule announced for January 2020 will be it.

Newer posts