The Newsroom

The BBC World News Thread

BBC World | 30 Years Anniversary - Page 127 (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
It's the simplest edit too - only the first video and the endboard would need changing.
HA
harshy Founding member
Live with Tim Wilcox erm no it’s Live with Lucy Hockings, bizarre.
RN
Rolling News
I thought 'Victoria Derbyshire with XX' was bad enough but this is terrible.
TV
TVInfoSource
It's the simplest edit too - only the first video and the endboard would need changing.

They could even use a shot of the gallery or the Newsroom to replace Lucy at the start of the opening.
OW
Owen_ploc
Live with Tim Wilcox erm no it’s Live with Lucy Hockings, bizarre.

Live with Lucy Hockings with Tim Wilcox
BF
BFGArmy
I thought 'Victoria Derbyshire with XX' was bad enough but this is terrible.

Another thing as well as the lack of generic titles that I think could be better is the music for ‘Live’. It actually sounds pretty good for much of it and like it’s building to a good climax only to suddenly stop around the time they get to the cities.
HA
harshy Founding member
It still has that problem starting in one studio and ending in another why don’t they just stay in C?
MI
m_in_m
It still has that problem starting in one studio and ending in another why don’t they just stay in C?

Perhaps C is needed for pre-recording material e.g. Hardtalk or packages for BBC News at Six?
HA
harshy Founding member
Or axe Victoria Derbyshire so it starts in B
Owen_ploc, m_in_m and whoiam989 gave kudos
LL
London Lite Founding member
There are days when Derbyshire could easily come from C, however when they do the big debates, they really need B for that purpose.
BR
Brekkie
Regardless though of which studio it's in why does it swap - are they clearing C for the show that follows?

What is the typical use of the main news studios during the day for the news channel, World News and the BBC1/2 and London bulletins?
LX
lxflyer
I’d imagine they need the two areas so Aaron can present the biz while Lucy can still stay in the same studio and get ready for her next segment/interview?

Newer posts