TV Home Forum

I’m A Celebrity.........2019

THE WINNER 2019: SEE PAGE 18 (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
TCOTV posted:
TCOTV posted:
I'm just speculating but Roman Kemp has been on instagram today talking about social media history. He talk about how he found post of his he did not like and deleted them. And said that not who he is and he wants his feed to be mich better. A this is a cool thing but me think he clearing it ready for the jungle. Strange one Roman couple of years ago he was the in thing hosting the new year bash on BBC One and now hes only on radio and guess star. And his radio show down. Wonder what happened.

He hosts one of the most notable commercial radio Breakfast shows in the country which went national this year. He is doing alright - and this will be about raising his profile more than his bank balance.

His radio show is not that notable but everyone has a view.

My point I was making was his profile was growing to a point he did not need to go on the reality show to raise his profile. Years ago he would have got the job to host extra camp now he can’t even get that.

Your point is probably wrong though, and in terms of hosting Extra Camp it seems you have to have done the show to get that now, so maybe this is his audition.

Whilst I agree his radio show is not that notable, like most shows produced by Global, the Capital Breakfast Show is thanks to the legacy of Chris Tarrant probably the most notable breakfast show in commercial radio, even if it is beaten by Heart nowadays.
JC
JCB
TCOTV posted:
He hosts one of the most notable commercial radio Breakfast shows in the country which went national this year. He is doing alright - and this will be about raising his profile more than his bank balance.

My point I was making was his profile was growing to a point he did not need to go on the reality show to raise his profile. Years ago he would have got the job to host extra camp now he can’t even get that.

Your point is probably wrong though, and in terms of hosting Extra Camp it seems you have to have done the show to get that now, so maybe this is his audition.

Yeah, that was my first thought when I saw his name in the lineup. 'Extra Camp' audition.
Last edited by JCB on 9 November 2019 7:11pm
DM
DeMarkay
TCOTV posted:
TCOTV posted:
I'm just speculating but Roman Kemp has been on instagram today talking about social media history. He talk about how he found post of his he did not like and deleted them. And said that not who he is and he wants his feed to be mich better. A this is a cool thing but me think he clearing it ready for the jungle. Strange one Roman couple of years ago he was the in thing hosting the new year bash on BBC One and now hes only on radio and guess star. And his radio show down. Wonder what happened.

Capital Breakfast with Roman Kemp is London's No.1 Breakfast Show.
TV
TVLand
People are starting to arrive in Australia for the new series. Emily Atack tweeted today that she had arrived in Oz.

BR
Brekkie
Still laugh at them calling it the jungle. Shame on Ant and Dec for missing the opportunity to crown the "King of Queen of the Bush".
DW
DavidWhitfield
If you listen to Roman daily, you'll consider him to be a celebrity. If you, like me, have never listened to his programme, then he'll seem like an odd choice.

For me, the worst one this year (i.e. the one where most people will go 'who the hell's that?') is the fella that's one fifth of Rak Su. Majorly scraping the barrel.
Last edited by DavidWhitfield on 10 November 2019 12:32pm
Charlesy, GMc and BBI45 gave kudos
AN
Andrew Founding member
If you listen to Ronan daily, you'll consider him to be a celebrity. If you, like me, have never listened to his programme, then he'll seem like an odd choice.

For me, the worst one this year (i.e. the one where most people will go 'who the hell's that?') is the fella that's one fifth of Rak Su. Majorly scraping the barrel.

Well last years Strictly featured Roman’s co-presenter Vick Hope as one of the celebs.

At that point the Capital Breakfast Show was London only

Now Roman is doing a national breakfast show, so seems like a perfectly logical choice.
BM
BM11
If you listen to Ronan daily, you'll consider him to be a celebrity. If you, like me, have never listened to his programme, then he'll seem like an odd choice.

Well last years Strictly featured Roman’s co-presenter Vick Hope as one of the celebs.

At that point the Capital Breakfast Show was London only

Now Roman is doing a national breakfast show, so seems like a perfectly logical choice.

And his parents give him much more name value.
IS
Inspector Sands

The Today Programme is, and has for a long time been the most popular breakfast show in London.

As of the most recent set of Rajar figures from the other week, Nick Farrari has the most popular commercial radio breakfast show in London.

He's a lot more famous than some people who are appearing on shows as celebrities, even if you don't know him as a DJ you'll probably know who his parents are, and just that has been enough to get someone on a celebrity show in the past
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 9 November 2019 8:38pm
Worzel and bilky asko gave kudos
MR
mromega
TCOTV posted:

According to the latest Rajar's - LBC's Nick Ferrari overtook Capital for Q3.
DM
DeMarkay
TCOTV posted:

According to the latest Rajar's - LBC's Nick Ferrari overtook Capital for Q3.

According to the latest figures, Capital Breakfast with Roman Kemp is London’s No.1 Commercial Music Breakfast Show. Capital as a whole is also not only London’s No.1 Commercial Radio Station, but it is also the UK’s No.1 Hit Music Brand.

Global have never compared Heart and Capital as they are two completely different brands. One is CHR and one is Hot AC. Nor have Global compared Capital and LBC. Smooth, Heart and Capital are the top three commercial radio brands in the UK. LBC isn’t on that list.
IS
Inspector Sands

Capital Breakfast with Roman Kemp is London's No.1 Breakfast Show

According to the latest figures, Capital Breakfast with Roman Kemp is London’s No.1 Commercial Music Breakfast Show.

Yep, those extra two words make a bit of a difference Wink
Charlesy, mannewskev and bilky asko gave kudos

Newer posts