UTV - From City Quays 2 onwards

Split from UTV rebrand (July 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MR
mr_vivian
Seems to be fine on Virgin
JK
JKDerry
What problems are happening on satellite?
TI
This Is Granada
What problems are happening on satellite?

From around GMB in the morning till Emmerdale at 7pm, the +1 feed has static blured lines and the colour was distorted/faded to about 20% of the normal colour all over the picture. This was during the programmes, adverts, promos, idents, everything.
The main SD and HD channels were fine all day...I guess the playout server/uplink feed to DSAT of the +1 feed was playing up somewhere to cause this, and the playout returned to normal during Emmerdale.

12 days later

TI
This Is Granada
Has the ITV playout centre got a student apprentice on duty this evening? The UTV idents have been a random mixed bag this evening (how it should always have been imo) but anyway.

Instead of the usual pattern of Autumn leaves, rock concert, skipping rope, wet dog (in that order), it's been skipping rope, bowling alley, florist, windy beach so far this evening.

The highly unseasonal 'sun cream slapped on back' ident was even used into 'This Morning' this morning.

A positive, much needed and refreshing break from ident ground hog day I say, however time will tell if this lasts?? Not holding my breath.
MM
MMcG198
Has the ITV playout centre got a student apprentice on duty this evening? The UTV idents have been a random mixed bag this evening (how it should always have been imo) but anyway.

Instead of the usual pattern of Autumn leaves, rock concert, skipping rope, wet dog (in that order), it's been skipping rope, bowling alley, florist, windy beach so far this evening.

The highly unseasonal 'sun cream slapped on back' ident was even used into 'This Morning' this morning.

A positive, much needed and refreshing break from ident ground hog day I say, however time will tell if this lasts?? Not holding my breath.

There was a weird mishmash a few days ago also. I think the 'Concert' ident was used to introduce the local news.

I wish someone would delete that blasted 'Pigeons' ident off the server. It's used way too often.
PF
PFML84
Maybe they are getting them all out for a final airing as there's a new look coming in January?

/s
SH
Sh1ruba
Maybe they are getting them all out for a final airing as there's a new look coming in January?

/s

Really?
TI
This Is Granada

This had crossed my mind however still no evidence of a total rebrand any time soon, and why start a 'farewell playout' of each ident on a random wednesday?

Catching up on some of my recordings yesterday, the 3pm Tenable had "dive bomb into swimming pool' when its previously been 'wet dog' for every ep of the new series so far.

After the news at 10 last night, 'Sea swimmers' and 'Seesaw' made an unusual appearance.

Anyway today has started as per usual with 'feeding pink flamingos'
PF
PFML84

/s

Really?

You must have missed the "/s" in my post.
SH
Sh1ruba

/s

Really?

I do not know what "/s" means
Brekkie, Lou Scannon and Richard gave kudos
TI
This Is Granada
Really?

/s means being sarcastic I believe.
BR
Brekkie

/s means being sarcastic I believe.

So they probably did know what "/s" meant.

Newer posts