Media Websites

TV ARK: Returns Jan 2020

At LAST! (March 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
Was it that obvious.... Crumbs. STV people are just so much more engaging, then ITV archive down in Leeds. I think your right about more scottish content, which will need to be rebalanced at some point shortly, I don't think it more the 30% ? Mind you posting those LWT Entertainer pics of which celebs were fun. There is new content getting made from them above.

Its mainly been trying to make clear the Ark isn't dead. I've learned the balloons are not well like!
Last edited by A former member on 31 August 2019 7:00pm
IS
Inspector Sands
What is your point? Are you saying it was done at the wrong time? If that is the case you dont understand why it was done during the BH weekend. On Social Media it's on the busiest weekend and interactions for any accounts. I can't fault them wishing to get a wider appeal like most other accounts

Hot bank holiday weekends are probably the quietest time for something like Facebook. People are outside enjoying the weather and doing stuff with friends and family. I find my feed is very quiet all day on an good weekend until the evening, especially the Sunday evening when people are at home relaxing and looking at/updating their social media.

I know sometimes on a weekend I'm at work and have a look at Facebook and there's nothing new being posted. Maybe that's just me, maybe my friends just have a life?

Quote:
You can tell people until you're blue in the face about what is coming but someone will always never get message, and there did tell people

The other issue with something like Facebook is that you see the large thumbnail or image first before reading the context. Plus it shows latest first. So I expect a lot of people looked at Facebook at the end of their Saturday and the first thing they saw were photos of famous sex offenders. The post explaining that it was a 'Banned weekend' were a long way down their feed. It was without warning

For those who were offended by the photos of they even read the accompanying text explaining that it was 'banned weekend' they might not agree that is enough justification.

Quote:
If it's about the content, then, I can fully understand why you raising an eyebrow. From what I saw most of it was within context, however it seems some rouge/mistakes were made with certain piece, maybe there should have made more warnings but you don't want to patronising people? who knows.

I think the pretext was a bit flawed too. If they want to do a feature on banned TV then it should be actually stuff that was banned, not stuff that's just taboo.

The Tango ad was banned. Love Thy Neighbour was not, nor was the ad with Cyril Smith. The former is just outdated, the latter is an advert that ran its course and stopped being shown.

TVArk Taboos weekend would be a risky sell and that's what it ended up as
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 31 August 2019 10:17pm
A former member
Hot bank holiday weekends are probably the quietest time for something like Facebook. People are outside enjoying the weather and doing stuff with friends and family. I find my feed is very quiet all day on an good weekend until the evening, especially the Sunday evening when people are at home relaxing and looking at/updating their social media.

I know sometimes on a weekend I'm at work and have a look at Facebook and there's nothing new being posted. Maybe that's just me, maybe my friends just have a life?

Its completely different ball game between personnel updating SM accounts and groups updating SM accounts. I agree with you most people dont update their SM and instead post very little. With groups people do interact, its like this forum, people are using it to interaction for other reasons. It may surprise you but some of the highest traffic on the FB has been Sunday for groups. It doesn't mean people dont have lifes, it just means their relaxing catching up on stuff their like.

The other issue with something like Facebook is that you see the large thumbnail or image first before reading the context. Plus it shows latest first. So I expect a lot of people looked at Facebook at the end of their Saturday and the first thing they saw were photos of famous sex offenders. The post explaining that it was a 'Banned weekend' were a long way down their feed. It was without warning

For those who were offended by the photos of they even read the accompanying text explaining that it was 'banned weekend' they might not agree that is enough justification.

You do have a valid point, about warnings. The photos should have never went up, I can agree with you there, I don't know why.

However the content is on the Ark somewhere, adverts, tv shows etc it still taboo. Concept was never set out to be like that, lets shock people and have a jolly good snigger. It was to highlight the other side of Television presentation, its not all sunshine and rose.

There was a post about Scum, BBC Drama that was banned and of course Harold Wilson doc from 1970, the BBC agreed to never broadcast while he was alive. There was also PG tip with Chips Xbox ad and Hamlet advert and news paper cuttings linked to them.

The content is there for all to see on the Ark, People will come across it, you can't just whitewash history, that is never a good idea. Maybe the Concept was flawed but it did get alot of positive feedback, but could have been handle better, that acceptable feedback.

I see you do have some issues with the content but that is good thing, It mean you think most of its awful and that is good viewpoint to have.
IS
Inspector Sands

Its completely different ball game between personnel updating SM accounts and groups updating SM accounts. I agree with you most people dont update their SM and instead post very little. With groups people do interact, its like this forum, people are using it to interaction for other reasons. It may surprise you but some of the highest traffic on the FB has been Sunday for groups. It doesn't mean people dont have lifes, it just means their relaxing catching up on stuff their like.

You say like this forum, but this forum is much quieter on a weekend, on a good hot weekend like last one was it's dead.

I said Sundays are busier, that's the Sunday evening thing I mentioned, everyone is back at home, kids in bed and relaxing catching up after a busy weekend

Quote:

The content is there for all to see on the Ark,

It's not of course, it's been offline for years Wink

Quote:
People will come across it, you can't just whitewash history, that is never a good idea. Maybe the Concept was flawed but it did get alot of positive feedback, but could have been handle better, that acceptable feedback.

I see you do have some issues with the content but that is good thing, It mean you think most of its awful and that is good viewpoint to have.

I don't have an issue with the content, I never said I did. That sort of content doesn't offend me

I said I think the selection of stuff for a 'Banned' themed selection wasn't entirely accurate

It's good that it will be available on the website.. if it ever reappears, but that's different from having it pop up uninvited on a Facebook wall. On a website you choose to view it

48 days later

GL
Gluben
The main page has now changed from launching in the summer to apologising for the continued delay and that "we will be back ASAP". Let's hope so. I don't really want the launch to creep into next year, but if it must, it must.
A former member
It's alot of hard work making sure a website operates perfectly.
A former member
It should be noted that TVARK is more than just a website, it has Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, which all has new content ( most of the time) but new stuff is being planned ( and being added all the time) so people still have access to classic pres, and the plan is to continue this after the website goes live again.
IT
itvblocks
How comes when I try to access TV ARK, I get a 404 Error page?
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
How comes when I try to access TV ARK, I get a 404 Error page?

Because the web address moved.
https://www.tvark.org/ is the correct one.
https://www.tv-ark.org.uk is the old one.

I can't remember why they moved?
LL
Larry the Loafer
The dash was causing issues with Google and search engines or something I think.

16 days later

A former member
We’re pleased to announce TVARK (Beta) will return online on Sunday 19th January. We will be working over the next few weeks on making TVARK accessible on as many devices as possible. The team will then be taking time out for family and friends throughout December 1/2

I swear someone already posted this!

Last edited by A former member on 8 November 2019 6:33pm
VM
VMPhil
The website itself has been updated with what I assume will be the new design.

https://www.tvark.org/

Newer posts