TV Home Forum

Music Channels

Trace Urban axed. Trace Hits to launch on 5th January (September 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CA
Caly123
Both channels have now fixed the problem.
KE
kernow
There's another EPG error on Trace Urban right now.

The listings say "Sounds of the UK", and the DOG says "Sounds of the US"

Trace Urban has just been showing this exact same error.
KE
kernow
There's another EPG error on Trace Urban right now.

The listings say "Sounds of the UK", and the DOG says "Sounds of the US"

Trace Urban has just been showing this exact same error.

It's got the opposite right now!

The EPG says "Sounds of the US", and the DOG says "Sounds of the UK"
BE
Bennyboy1984
From what I've heard these channels have been having a few issues with blank screens, beeping and test cards. Wonder what's going on there then?
KE
kernow
From what I've heard these channels have been having a few issues with blank screens, beeping and test cards. Wonder what's going on there then?

The way the rebrands took place (basically switching from one feed to another) suggests that the new channels are coming from a different source than the old ones, so that might explain the problems they've been experiencing.
ME
mediachris
Trace Vault currently showing second part to Clarissa with no graphics.
TT
TellyTime
Trace Vault currently showing second part to Clarissa with no graphics.

Oh no, what a disaster.
KE
kernow
Since the rebrand, Trace Vault seems to have been broadcasting all non-music programming without a programme name DOG, which is a change from the Vault.

There has been the odd occasion in the past on CSC channels where programmes were broadcast without any graphics.
KE
kernow
The listings still seem to be all over the place.

The EPG listings never match the DOG, especially on Trace Urban.

For example, the listings for Trace Urban currently say "Playlist By", and the DOG says "Top 10 Hip Hop"

It's the same with Trace Vault. The listings say "Focus: Backstreet Boys", but it's currently showing Kenan & Kel.

Unless they get this sorted, it could have a serious impact on ratings.
KE
kernow
Looks like they're still having technical problems with the new channels.

The EPG listings are still wrong as well, i.e. not matching the programme name DOGs.

Unless they sort out these problems, these channels could be destined to fail.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Does Sky not provide any sort of regulation over the EPG then? ie Do they insist the listings have to match the programming?
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Does Sky not provide any sort of regulation over the EPG then? ie Do they insist the listings have to match the programming?

Providing they pay them the money to be listed on the EPG in the first place what they are airing is probably arbitrary, as long as they're airing something.

Anyway there are no end of other channels on the platform that say one thing and are airing something else, music channels seem to put these "top 40 <summat or other>" shows into a particular slot and they almost always overrun. The same thing happens on BBC Parliament which quite often ends up airing (or not airing) something that the EPG says it is and I suppose you could argue the same thing happens with Sky News when the EPG says the Pledge should be on and they're running with breaking news instead.

Newer posts