Steve in Pudsey
He was also a regular on Breakfast at one time
OW
Owen_ploc

Yeah, he was a regular until the October 2000 relaunch of Breakfast
LX
lxflyer
Yes Noel and Julie Etchingham used to present the Friday edition of BBC Breakfast News and presented the final edition before it became BBC Breakfast.
IT
itsrobert Founding member

For some reason this has stuck in my mind, but I'm pretty sure he came back to Breakfast for at least one Christmas period, maybe in around 2001. I definitely recall seeing him present the programme after the 2000 re-brand.
OW
Owen_ploc

For some reason this has stuck in my mind, but I'm pretty sure he came back to Breakfast for at least one Christmas period, maybe in around 2001. I definitely recall seeing him present the programme after the 2000 re-brand.

Indeed, he presented Breakfast even after the 2000 relaunch.
IT
itsrobert Founding member
Crikey, I was spot on! No idea why that stayed in my mind.
DF
DrewF
Noel Thompson did continue to present Breakfast on occasions up until around 2009 - I struggled to find a clip but here's an example:

https://youtu.be/X9HWd3vdaGg
Owen_ploc and itsrobert gave kudos
RI
Richard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZVEHp-4A-c

Is that one from a Bank Holiday? Think Bank Holiday editions of Breakfast (certainly the ones in May) were from the News 24 studio rather than the Breakfast one but still with regional news.
OW
Owen_ploc

Is that one from a Bank Holiday? Think Bank Holiday editions of Breakfast (certainly the ones in May) were from the News 24 studio rather than the Breakfast one but still with regional news.

Well this one is from December 2001, so that’s definitely not from a Bank Holiday
BR
Brekkie

Well this one is from December 2001, so that’s definitely not from a Bank Holiday

Yes, because there are absolutely no bank holidays on the same day every year every December.

Suspect too they used the News 24 studios for Christmas week as well.
BA
bilky asko

Yes, because there are absolutely no bank holidays on the same day every year every December.

The description in the video actually says that it's from the period between Christmas and New Year.
RI
Richard

The description in the video actually says that it's from the period between Christmas and New Year.

Looks like it was Friday 28th going by Genome, but is that Susannah Reid?

Newer posts