TV Home Forum

X Factor

Breaking: Series 16 scrapped (February 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DJ
DJ Dave
I don't know why itv don't just scrap x factor and move the voice to that time of year.
TV
thetvman
I don't know why itv don't just scrap x factor and move the voice to that time of year.

I suspect it's the old answer of there worried about losing BGT and simon forced the X Factor as part of the deal.

If the shows are still bringing in the ad revenue, you could see why ITV would be worried about losing the shows (maybe not x factor, but BGT they might).

However they have shows like The Voice, Masked Signer and could try some new formats. In my opinion they should have bee trying out nee formats years ago. Not for primetime straight away, but ready to move something to primetime if Simon's brands stay failing. In my opinion they rely on a small circle of people to often whether that's simon cowell or ant and dec.
BR
Brekkie
I’d rather have the Masked Singer on Sundays rather than Saturdays. With Saturday Night Takeaway being back, and the Voice airing, there’s not much space in the Saturday schedule.

I think it is being stripped but it could air at 8pm on Sundays after Dancing on Ice, but suspect Millionaire will be back in the New Year.

And I think it should be noted although it's formatted as a talent show the Masked Singer is essentially more of a gameshow. Usually it runs for an hour too, but not sure how long the ITV episodes are.
FA
fanoftv
For some reason this came into my head and I thought I would share the power that the show once had (and what a brilliantly produced trailer this was for the 2013 series).

Whataday, DJ Dave and Sh1ruba gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
The obvious issue for me is that considering they're prepping this series whilst Celeb X Factor airs that Simon clearly can't be 100% committed to both. Watching the first live show of the series one of the biggest issues for me was he clearly didn't care - just flew in to pick up the pay cheque on show day. That's surely going to be even more evident during the remaining shows and extend to others on the staff too considering any audition shows will have to be filmed in the weeks of the live shows.
GB
Gary Baldy
I’d rather have the Masked Singer on Sundays rather than Saturdays. With Saturday Night Takeaway being back, and the Voice airing, there’s not much space in the Saturday schedule.

I think it is being stripped but it could air at 8pm on Sundays after Dancing on Ice, but suspect Millionaire will be back in the New Year.

And I think it should be noted although it's formatted as a talent show the Masked Singer is essentially more of a gameshow. Usually it runs for an hour too, but not sure how long the ITV episodes are.

I’ve seen the US Masked Singer (I live in both the UK and America, fly back and forth, quite similar to Simon when you think about it) I think it’s a great concept, with very poor execution. Also, the judges are awful bar Ken so I’m glad he’s coming to the UK one.
Last edited by Gary Baldy on 7 November 2019 11:28pm
FanOfTV99 and DeMarkay gave kudos
TG
TellyGB
I have been watching a few episodes on YouTube tonight - 2013/14 seemed like really ‘nice’ years of the show. 2016 the same. They felt warm and homely. This is what the show needs to go back to and I think it is slightly with the celebrity series.
CA
Capybara
Simon slipping just now calling the Safe Seat the Golden Buzzer.
JJ
Juicy Joe Founding member
Simon urging people to pick up the phone and vote for Try Star - even though you can only vote via the app?
BM
BM11
Dermot mentioned a singoff earlier- slip of the tongue or rule change?
BR
Brekkie
Simon urging people to pick up the phone and vote for Try Star - even though you can only vote via the app?

Well technically you still have to pick up your phone (or tablet) to vote via the app.
BR
Brekkie
BM11 posted:
Dermot mentioned a singoff earlier- slip of the tongue or rule change?

Might be back now they're down to 9 contestants (which really is what they should have started with) and could have time for it.

Newer posts