The Newsroom

The Sky News Thread

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Meridian AM
Why does Sarah Hewson host 'The Sarah-Jane Mee Show' more often than Sarah-Jane Mee?

Also, Anna Jones seems to host Press Preview more often than Anna Botting, despite it being only Botting's name in the EPG description every night.

To be honest I still don't know which one is which.

Hahaha they are both good.
BF
BFGArmy
Interesting that it's this particular behaviour from Kay Burley that seems to have so upset TV Forum. It's almost as if you've all forgotten her phone hacking interview with Chris Bryant, the 'better sex life' question, the Peter Andre interview, telling protestors to go home and watch Sky News on the telly and her Ash Wednesday Joe Biden gaffe (probably my favourite intro into a break ever - 'I'm a bad catholic, I hang my head in shame, I'll be back after this short break').

And it's quite entertaining seeing TVF jump to the defence of and giving the benefit of the doubt to a guy who was doing the rounds trying to defend a doctored video and changed his story during his now infamous interview round among the broadcasters
MD
mdtauk
Kay Burley was always low grade tabloid in her approach. If the interview was booked in and then he pulled out at the last minute, then empty chairing is an appropriate response.
Rkolsen and DeMarkay gave kudos
CA
Cando
You must be living on another planet if you think Kay hasn't been heavily criticised heavily on here in the past on numerous occasions and I've seen nobody defend the woeful Cleverly.
Her behaviour was unprofessional. Even she now admits there was no formal booking.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Kay who?
VM
VMPhil
Interesting that it's this particular behaviour from Kay Burley that seems to have so upset TV Forum. It's almost as if you've all forgotten her phone hacking interview with Chris Bryant, the 'better sex life' question, the Peter Andre interview, telling protestors to go home and watch Sky News on the telly and her Ash Wednesday Joe Biden gaffe (probably my favourite intro into a break ever - 'I'm a bad catholic, I hang my head in shame, I'll be back after this short break').

And it's quite entertaining seeing TVF jump to the defence of and giving the benefit of the doubt to a guy who was doing the rounds trying to defend a doctored video and changed his story during his now infamous interview round among the broadcasters

All those incidents were roundly criticised on here, most of them happened before you were even a member on this forum so I'm not sure how you can say that with such certainty.
BF
BFGArmy
Oh yes the incidents very much were criticised when they first happened - I remember as much (while I joined fairly recently I’d been a reader/lurker a lot longer).
But much of that criticism was a while in the past and certainly in recent years it seemed to have been forgiven and forgotten on here and the view of her on here if anything seemed rather positive and sometimes endearing 'You know what Kay's like' type posts - though the significant fall in gaffes by her has helped (there was a period where Kay’s Afternoon Live was worth watching mainly to see what on earth Kay would say or do next)
I was just rather surprised members seemed rather annoyed about Kay Burley here when in the past she’s done far worse that has been forgiven and forgotten. My posts aren't meant as a criticism of her either - she's marmite but her being controversial is nothing new and in fact the empty chairing was pretty tame by Kay's previous standards.

Have to say I did always prefer when Lorna Dunkley or Anna Jones covered for Kay as both were/are outstanding presenters and were hugely underrated by Sky around then.
Last edited by BFGArmy on 7 November 2019 4:27pm
JW
JamesWorldNews
Ah yes. Lorna Dunkley or Anna Jones......or Juliette Foster. Vivien Creegor. Anna Botting. Ginny Buckley. Paula Middlehurst. Lisa Aziz..........
BF
BFGArmy
Ah yes. Lorna Dunkley or Anna Jones......or Juliette Foster. Vivien Creegor. Anna Botting. Ginny Buckley. Paula Middlehurst. Lisa Aziz..........

Poor Ginny will forever be remembered for that Harold Pinter gaffe. One of those classic news channel bloopers.
GR
griffinuk

Lisa Aziz, who has recently been re-united with Mark Longhurst on the new LBC News channel on the radio... been very good value too. (sorry for going a tad off topic there).
BR
Brekkie

A truly cheap stunt to try and get the new show some attention.

Job done then. Great publicity for the show and Sky.

Not if they're found in breach of the Ofcom code.

A truly cheap stunt to try and get the new show some attention.

Job done then. Great publicity for the show and Sky.

Not if they're found in breach of the Ofcom code.

Worst case scenario is they'll have to air an apology in six months time.
BR
Brekkie
Somewhat by accident ended up watching The Campaign tonight and must say it's a great hour of content which gets the balance right between being accessible and being informative.

Newer posts