This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
Ballyboy
I know I can’t believe it, the article says it’s a freelancer
OW
Owen_ploc
OW
Owen_ploc
Well, Newsline got completely reithed tonight. Old stings are gone. Hooray!
EDIT: Spoke too soon. Old sting reappeared at 6:43pm
PF
PFML84
Old sting still being used, non-Reith weather graphic elements still remain, titles of reports/stories on the screen behind the presenters are not Reithed either. Maybe they'll get the hang of it one day.
GO
gordonthegopher
Old sting still being used, non-Reith weather graphic elements still remain, titles of reports/stories on the screen behind the presenters are not Reithed either. Maybe they'll get the hang of it one day.

It is doing my head in. I can't enjoy my dinner at night when they keep using the wrong stings or title cards!
PF
PFML84
Well last night's 6:30pm bulletin used the correct sting finally. The weather graphics still have any map text and sunrise/sunset astons in Helvetica but the odd one appears in Reith. How they can mix the two is rather odd.
PF
PFML84
Another day another change. The DOG is back to 4:3 safe again. What the hell is going on in Belfast??
RI
Richard
More Radio Ulster than BBC Newsline but 4 long-serving presenters are stepping down:

They have, however, all presented BBC Newsline and/or its predecessors.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50301335

It’ll be a shame in particular to lose Noel Thompson and Seamus McKee but they’ve been there a long time.
JK
JKDerry
I remember as a young boy watching Seamus McKee on what was called Inside Ulster at 5.35pm on BBC One NI when I visited by grandparents back home in Derry.

Conor Bradford used to host too, a man with the poshest accent to be heard on BBC NI. I think he is still heard on BBC Radio Ulster right?
RI
Richard
I remember as a young boy watching Seamus McKee on what was called Inside Ulster at 5.35pm on BBC One NI when I visited by grandparents back home in Derry.

I once sat in the gallery watching Seamus McKee presenting the lunchtime Inside Ulster during my Sixth Form work experience at BBC NI. All I remember was him “threatening” to sing the headlines.
JK
JKDerry

I once sat in the gallery watching Seamus McKee presenting the lunchtime Inside Ulster during my Sixth Form work experience at BBC NI. All I remember was him “threatening” to sing the headlines.

I managed to get to meet Paul Clark from UTV - it was fantastic to see him at work, and Paul is another presenter who I hope does not retire too soon from UTV.

Paul was fantastic when I visited Havelock House, it must have been in 1993 when I was very young, 8 years old. The reason I was there was that my father was a security guard working for a project with UTV at the time, and Paul said to my father to bring me along to the studio, and I saw the studios including the Kelly Show set.
OW
Owen_ploc
More Radio Ulster than BBC Newsline but 4 long-serving presenters are stepping down:

They have, however, all presented BBC Newsline and/or its predecessors.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-50301335

It’ll be a shame in particular to lose Noel Thompson and Seamus McKee but they’ve been there a long time.

Noel Thompson also presented HARDtalk in 2006

He also presented Hearts and Minds till its axing in 2012

Quote:
Off-topic comment: I’d love to have a full-length theme from Hearts and Minds Laughing

Newer posts