TV Home Forum

X Factor

Breaking: Series 16 scrapped (February 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
It's now not the case of replacing it with a show that'll rate as well as The X Factor did. It's a case of replacing it with a show that'll rate better than a repeat of The Chase.
Whataday, Gary Baldy and fanoftv gave kudos
RD
RDJ

Seems this series is only going ahead because they've booked Birmingham Arena so it'll air in the same slot.

They should just resurrect Gladiators,

They've made various TV appearances recently vying for a comeback. And they're already got the venue pre-booked - Win win! 😂
Gary Baldy and fanoftv gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member
I touched on this before but I really think ITV could replace Britain's Got Talent with a reboot of New Faces, which would also give ITV Studios another decent talent show brand it could sell around the world.

That's if fear of losing BGT is what's keeping X Factor on life support.
GB
Gary Baldy
RDJ posted:

Seems this series is only going ahead because they've booked Birmingham Arena so it'll air in the same slot.

They've made various TV appearances recently vying for a comeback. And they're already got the venue pre-booked - Win win! 😂

I know two of the Gladiators personally- both have said they think they’re too old to come back now.

Maybe a few from the Sky relaunch about 10 years ago?

I think even a repeat of 90s Gladiators would rate higher than X.
JO
Jonwo
RDJ posted:

I know two of the Gladiators personally- both have said they think they’re too old to come back now.

Maybe a few from the Sky relaunch about 10 years ago?

I think even a repeat of 90s Gladiators would rate higher than X.

ITV aren’t going to be showing ancient repeats in primetime ever.

I think ITV should take a punt on a British version of Game of Games. I’ve seen clips on YouTube and it’d be perfect on a Saturday.
AA
Amber Avenger
Whilst too late for this year, surely a natural solution for next year would be to push The Voice to Autumn? Whilst it never sets the world alight, it seems a pretty steady hit, and then Masked Singer is the early in the year singing comp.
TL
toby lerone 2016
Whilst too late for this year, surely a natural solution for next year would be to push The Voice to Autumn? Whilst it never sets the world alight, it seems a pretty steady hit, and then Masked Singer is the early in the year singing comp.

Problem for the Voice as everyone knows is once the gimmick stops the viewers drop however the past few years even when on the BBC it is the top rated music talent show in the UK.
RE
Revolution
Desperate plea for contestants.

IS
Inspector Sands
So it's a return of the format that started it all - Pop Stars?
FA
fanoftv
So it's a return of the format that started it all - Pop Stars?

I think I’d prefer that, a show watching a band being put together and followed in their early stages rather than trying to another straight forward talent show.

I wonder if they’d ever consider launching the voice in late November/early December with it running into the new year so that the most watched part of the programme is aired to attract pre Christmas advertisers.
ZE
zeebre12
The thing with 'bands' now is it's a lot harder to have success for these fanbase acts due to streaming. Gone are the days back when Popstars was on when fanbases/viewers bought a single and it got to number 1 and was deemed a success. Eventough it may have only stayed a few weeks in the top 10. Now it may be lucky to scrape top 20. Everything isn't focused on one week now.
IS
Inspector Sands
Calling it 'the band' is pushing it a bit... it'll be a group
Revolution and Brekkie gave kudos

Newer posts