The Newsroom

The BBC World News Thread

BBC World | 30 Years Anniversary - Page 127 (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GI
ginnyfan
Music is nothing special, another jumble of the usual BBC elements. I do like the beeping sound synced with the red dot in the title. The graphics are nice, I like the colours and how they use the studio, especially C. Also glad they kept the daytime London background, it's still such an amazing backdrop even after all of these years.

I guess the most revolutionary thing BBC News has done recently is stepping away from the globe themed openings. It all started with the new Impac titles and continued with Worklife and now Live.

Last edited by ginnyfan on 4 November 2019 4:32pm
Stuart and watchingtv gave kudos
OW
Owen_ploc
NYTV, deejay and watchingtv gave kudos
TV
TVInfoSource
Strange there’s no programme name bug - length can’t be a problem because it’s got that huge black bar to work with!
MI
TheMike
I seemed to have missed the inclusion of world times on the BBC World News flipper - see this video excerpt for an example:

On a postive note, Aaron seems to have got away from his kick in the teeth yesterday without a blemish Very Happy
RK
Rkolsen
I seemed to have missed the inclusion of world times on the BBC World News flipper - see this video excerpt for an example:

On a postive note, Aaron seems to have got away from his kick in the teeth yesterday without a blemish Very Happy

It doesn't seem like there are regional feeds of the times. I've counted what appeared during a twenty minute period during Beyond 100 Days. They don't seem to be in any order (the list below was not how it appeared on air, just how I jotted the notes) and some cities are repeated.

Sao Paulo (3 times), London, Riyadh (twice), Taipei, Houston, Chicago, Mexico City (twice), Istanbul, Tehran (twice), Tokyo, Limo, Lagos, Jerusalem, Manila (twice), Paris, Sydney, Madrid, New Delhi , Beijing (twice), New York City (twice), Madrid, Moscow, Karachi and Jakarta.

And yes it may be a waste, but I am procrastinating.
JW
JamesWorldNews
All the main programmes have an owners name embedded in the title, except The Briefing. I wonder why that is.

Impact with Yalda Hakim.
Live with Lucy Hockings.
Global with Matthew Amroliwala.
Outside Source with Ros Atkins.

Newsday is double headed so doesn’t make sense to have the presenters names embedded, especially since they rotate quite a bit at both ends.

So, the Mike Embley slot remains the only segment of the week to carry several consecutive editions of plain branded BBC World News! (Weekend output aside).

I’d actually like to see more “World News” in the schedules.

I haven’t managed to catch Live with Lucy Hockings yet (#BBCLwL). Today will be my first full edition. Looking forward to see it.
IT
Ittr
I’d actually like to see more “World News” in the schedules.
I'm also in favour of more generic bulletins, as a number of the named programmes (World News Today, for instance) are just a regular bulletin under a different name and don't add anything to the channel that a generic bulletin wouldn't have.
On the other hand, I think it is nice to have a certain variety of programming, and this is where many of the main named shows come in and do it relatively well.
HB
HarryB
What happened on today’s Live. Was it lucy hocking branded?
LL
London Lite Founding member
What happened on today’s Live. Was it lucy hocking branded?

Live with Lucy titles, but introed by the presenter as "Live with Tim Willcox"
ST
Steve Founding member
But who was the presenter?

😎
HB
HarryB
Just found this YouTube video. Very confusing to have Lucy’s name on the titles instead of it being blank like the other programs when presenters are absent
RN
Rolling News
Just found this YouTube video. Very confusing to have Lucy’s name on the titles instead of it being blank like the other programs when presenters are absent https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Sef0KNPUco

Good to see some new clips in the countdown.

Newer posts