Mass Media & Technology

Britbox UK - UK SVoD Platform.

£5.99 per month - Platform now live.

JO
johnnyboy Founding member Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Still no sign of the app for the Fire Stick, unfortunately Sad
OFCOM's queen bitch
DV
DVB Cornwall West Country (West) Spotlight
I've confirmed my Britbox tvOS 'softness' feel tonight. Playing content I already own via iTunes with the same material on Britbox. Britbox is inferior to the ITunes product BUT not a game changer. I await some content that recent and that I own to appear that's rich in Colour and Contrast to give a full assessment. This Judgement so far is based on the 'Nature's Great Events' series that's ten years old now and was a very early HD production, and was transmitted on the BBC HD Channel in the day, and might be hampered by that.

Judgement still out.
NG
noggin Founding member
I've confirmed my Britbox tvOS 'softness' feel tonight. Playing content I already own via iTunes with the same material on Britbox. Britbox is inferior to the ITunes product BUT not a game changer. I await some content that recent and that I own to appear that's rich in Colour and Contrast to give a full assessment. This Judgement so far is based on the 'Nature's Great Events' series that's ten years old now and was a very early HD production, and was transmitted on the BBC HD Channel in the day, and might be hampered by that.

Judgement still out.

If anyone has the Apple TV app for Britbox, then if they have a Mac and Xcode (which is free) installed on it they can enabled Developer mode on the ATV which allows you to enable a playback HUD (an OSD) which tells you the resolution, frame rate and bit rate of the video stream being played.
AJ
AJ London London
The app has just come to Samsung Tizen TVs today. The streaming quality is passable, but there's a slight fuzz to it. I also question their HD flag on certain content (like Keeping Up Appearances for example!)

I'll give it a go for a bit. There doesn't seem to be any content to really pull me in just yet though.
LL
London Lite Founding member London London
I'd debate that Lady Chatterley from 1993 on Britbox is certainly HD. The TV version was 14:9.
DV
Sent a 'suggestion', a complaint actually about the service signing users out far too frequently.

9 days later

DV
First (and only so far as I can find without forensics) Channel 5 series now on board 'Britain's Great Cathedrals with Tony Robinson'.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Quite a few more Channel 5 series now if you look in Docs & Lifestyle.
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
Quite a few more Channel 5 series now if you look in Docs & Lifestyle.

Are they listed several times under different names? Wink
DV
Some classic British films have been added now. including many of the Carry On series. The navigation is a bit haphazard now too.
VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today
I’d love it if they could get old series of Have I Got News for You, the kind of thing that doesn’t warrant a commercial release and hasn’t been repeated on TV in years (Dave don’t go very far back with their repeats now). I know they’re all on Dailymotion but they have pretty ropey quality.
DV
Series 56 and 57 of HIGNFY are both available on the platform currently.

Newer posts