The Gallery

CBeebies Rebrand

A new look for the channel. (November 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DM
DeMarkay
Hi everyone,

This is my first foray into a BBC related rebrand, so do forgive me if I've made a few mistakes.

About the rebrand:

CBeebies has been part of the BBC for almost eighteen years now. I grew up with the channel from its launch in 2002 before moving over to CBBC in mid-2007.

I felt as though the channel had been neglected, especially when CBBC got a new identity in 2016, and CBeebies was left untouched. Maybe they had a good reason for doing so, but I felt it was unfair.

So, after many different ideas, I present to you my CBeebies rebrand.

By using the core part of the CBBC logo, I wanted to align the two channels together, but have different on screen identities. CBeebies will still retain the 'bugs' and colour palette but with a fresh, new look.

I hope you like it!

DeMarkay

Last edited by DeMarkay on 3 November 2019 7:39pm - 4 times in total
JO
Josh
Not keen on the off centre BBC logo, although I understand it's in relation the CBBC logo.
Would like to see some of the on screen components.
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Agree with the comment on the off-centre BBC logo, since it's used in context of the square CBBC logo. Your CBeebies logo looks good, however due to you pairing it with its sister channel I read it as 'CBBCbeebies'.
Josh, lukeshep and DeMarkay gave kudos
DM
DeMarkay
BR
Brekkie
An interesting idea and one I look forward to you developing. It isn't necessarily the route I think it should take but it certainly looks like a route the channel could take and realigning it with the CBBC brand makes sense.
DW
DavidWhitfield
Like the light blue more than the yellow.
Interesting start.
JF
JetixFann450
What you could do is use the alternative CBBC logo which is displayed on iPlayer, because otherwise it just ends up being read as "CBBCBeebies". Other than that, I think the idea of re-aligning it with CBBC could work if the execution is well done. I quite like the font you used for the logo, which looks pretty neat so far.

3/5.
DeMarkay and lukeshep gave kudos
DM
DeMarkay
What you could do is use the alternative CBBC logo which is displayed on iPlayer, because otherwise it just ends up being read as "CBBCBeebies". Other than that, I think the idea of re-aligning it with CBBC could work if the execution is well done. I quite like the font you used for the logo, which looks pretty neat so far.

3/5.

Is there an alternative version, I couldn't see it.
PF
PFML84
On the channel tab in iPlayer, the different CBBC logo is displayed there.
DM
DeMarkay
On the channel tab in iPlayer, the different CBBC logo is displayed there.

Ah, I see it now, although I can't find it on Google.
PF
PFML84
No, me neither, but zooming in on the page, I can snip this from it - would be easy to modify the easily available large size CBBC logo to look like this, just a matter of straightening the lines and filling in the colours.

In fact, I had a spare 60 seconds, so I made one myself.

Last edited by PFML84 on 3 November 2019 10:47pm
DM
DeMarkay
No, me neither, but zooming in on the page, I can snip this from it - would be easy to modify the easily available large size CBBC logo to look like this, just a matter of straightening the lines and filling in the colours.

In fact, I had a spare 60 seconds, so I made one myself.

You are absolutely ace, thank you!

Newer posts