The Newsroom

The BBC World News Thread

BBC World | 30 Years Anniversary - Page 127 (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HA
harshy Founding member
I wonder is Stephen Sackur will continue to present the Friday edition; The schedule for Friday just says “Live with Lucy Hockings”.

This is Live with Lucy Hockings with me Steven Sackur, na that will never work...
LL
London Lite Founding member
I wonder is Stephen Sackur will continue to present the Friday edition; The schedule for Friday just says “Live with Lucy Hockings”.

This is Live with Lucy Hockings with me Steven Sackur, na that will never work...

Seems to work well with "Victoria Derbyshire with Joanna Gosling" every Friday.
:-(
A former member
In a plot twist, maybe they should get Victoria Derbyshire to present Live with Lucy Hockings on a Friday.
BR
Brekkie
It should be known as Live without Lucy Hockings on the days she's off.
IT
Ittr

Or, they could just keep using the GMT brand and name when she's off as it would make the most sense... but wait.. the BBC don't like making sense with their programme names Laughing
:-(
A former member

Or, they could just keep using the GMT brand and name when she's off as it would make the most sense... but wait.. the BBC don't like making sense with their programme names Laughing

How on earth would that make any sense?
JW
JamesWorldNews
GMT was originally branded GMT with George Alagiah when it started. Stephen Sackur did the Fridays back then as well, but it was branded generically GMT on Fridays.

George had to leave the programme and Lucy took over Monday to Thursday. A year later, it was rebranded GMT with Lucy Hockings and Friday was branded GMT with Stephen Sackur. When neither of them is on, it’s generically GMT.

I presume that the new programme will be Live with Lucy Hockings (Mon to Thursday) and Live with Stephen Sackur on Fridays. And when either is available, it will just be Live.
AS
AlexS
GMT was originally branded GMT with George Alagiah when it started. Stephen Sackur did the Fridays back then as well, but it was branded generically GMT on Fridays.

George had to leave the programme and Lucy took over Monday to Thursday. A year later, it was rebranded GMT with Lucy Hockings and Friday was branded GMT with Stephen Sackur. When neither of them is on, it’s generically GMT.

I presume that the new programme will be Live with Lucy Hockings (Mon to Thursday) and Live with Stephen Sackur on Fridays. And when either is available, it will just be Live.

GMT was GMT with Stephen Sackur on Fridays long before Lucy Hockings' name was added to the titles Monday to Thursday (quite possibly when George was still the Mon-Thurs presenter).
RK
Rkolsen
Just watching the beginning of the show, fear not (at least on the PBS simulcast) Lucy’s Name isn’t burnt into the headlines however her face is featured in the popes briefly. I do like the opening sequence.

Edit: a break bumper has her name on it.

Like the white and light blue color scheme.

The dot on the I blinks red like a transmitter (I guess).
BA
bakamann
Aaron Heslehurst is starting his Talking Business show from the World Travel Market in Central London, but he collided into someone doing a backward somersault. Laughing
MI
TheMike
That must have hurt...

BB
BBI45
That must have hurt...

That must have been a real kick in the teeth.

Newer posts