TV Home Forum

Christmas Adverts 2019

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
Larry the Loafer
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who has a lifelong adoration for the original Coke truck ad despite Pepsi Max being my cola of choice.
:-(
A former member
Anyone else suspect that advertising execs have already got these campaigns storyboarded up and partially created before the companies have even signed up? So many of them you could swap the logo at the end and you probably wouldn’t know any different. I suspect it’s less ASDA or Very coming up with the idea and more the ad agencies pitching the adverts to them. Seems like quite the lucrative business.
FA
fanoftv
Strangely I do buy Coca Cola at Christmas when I wouldn’t any other time of the year, whether it’s the power of advertising or just because I like it as a mixer I cannot say.
FA
fanoftv
I notice that a lot of festive sponsorship bumpers have appeared. Channel 4 have aired an oddity in my opinion with Not on the high street sponsoring 'festive entertainment' bumpers airing around The Simpsons. I can understand Christmas related bumpers, but why is The Simpsons regarded as Festive Entertainment on Bonfire Night?
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Whether or not they're directly sponsoring The Simpsons, I imagine its just that Not on the High Street has started to use it Christmas adverts, I may be wrong, but I seem to think that they sponsored quite a few different channels/shows last year, all using the same sponsor ad, I could be wrong however. The same sponsor is being used on the pop-up Boxmas channel temporarily replacing Box Upfront (however obviously it fits in quite a bit more)
BA
bilky asko
Whether or not they're directly sponsoring The Simpsons, I imagine its just that Not on the High Street has started to use it Christmas adverts, I may be wrong, but I seem to think that they sponsored quite a few different channels/shows last year, all using the same sponsor ad, I could be wrong however. The same sponsor is being used on the pop-up Boxmas channel temporarily replacing Box Upfront (however obviously it fits in quite a bit more)

Yeah, they started on 1st November last year as well.
JA
james-2001
Those Currys PC World adverts are annoying me already.

"Google, play 60s Ethiopian Jazz"
"This is our moment, Mark"

I want to hit those guys, they're so irritating.
ET
ethanh05

I think it's also around the UKTV channels. Basically the modern equivalent of what Rennie used to do.
BR
Brekkie
Rennie used to actually wait till Christmas though.
ET
ethanh05

What ever happened to the Christmas sponsors over the years anyway? DFS used to sponsor every programme on TV for a brief period around Christmas.
GE
thegeek Founding member

Was the Yellow Pages ad not another one that didn't appear till nearly Christmas? No chance of them resurrecting that - they don't publish the print edition anymore.
JW
JamesWorldNews

Was the Yellow Pages ad not another one that didn't appear till nearly Christmas? No chance of them resurrecting that - they don't publish the print edition anymore.

Not only that. Fly-fishing is a dying art anyway.......... x

Newer posts