TV Home Forum

This Morning

Social distance no more thanks to clever tech. (p184) - 16/04/18 onwards (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AG
AxG
Blimey! Impressive look today!

Talk about being dragged through the hedge backwards. Smile
MR
mr_vivian
Jonwo posted:
Confirms my suspicions that this was a tester for something more long term. I wonder what though.

I can't imagine Phillip being thrilled at the prospect.

I imagine holiday cover for Fridays. I can’t imagine they’d give up 6-7 weeks to present in the summer but 1-2 weeks during half terms and Easter isn’t out of the question.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Richard was paired with Rochelle if Judy isn’t up for it

Most probably. I think the odd Friday fill-in and a Monday bank holiday here and there would probably be all they’d want to do, given Judy’s semi-retired status by her own admission.

In an unrelated question, GMB, This Morning and Loose Women are now all broadcast from the same building, right?

Does each of those shows have its own dedicated Floor Management Team, or will the team on GMB perhaps also stick around and do the same on Loose later?

Just curious how the resources are managed. Or is it a central pool and a monthly roster tells them where they’ll be working for the month?

I guess GMB and This Morning are relatively adjacent on the schedules, so it’s less possible to share resources within the same working day?

I can see that being the case with Richard and Judy. An odd show here and there.
AG
AxG
No bland black end-credits today.
AG
AxG
Today's opening.
Steve in Pudsey, DJ Dave and Josh gave kudos
JO
Jonwo
I wonder if This Morning had paid promotion by Warner Bros to do the Wizard of Oz theme this year? I wouldn't be surprised if that extended to Loose Women since they were doing Scooby Doo which is also owned by Warner Bros.
JO
Jon
Well paid product placement shouldn’t affect the editorial content of a programme.
LL
Larry the Loafer
Jon posted:
Well paid product placement shouldn’t affect the editorial content of a programme.

I take it you've never watched a finale of Saturday Night Takeaway.
WH
Whataday Founding member
Holly thanked Warner Bros for their support in producing the show at the end but I'm not sure it was sponsorship - WB were involved with last year's Halloween show too, allowing Phil to appear as The Night King from Game of Thrones.
London Lite, DeMarkay and Sh1ruba gave kudos
JO
Jonwo
Holly thanked Warner Bros for their support in producing the show at the end but I'm not sure it was sponsorship - WB were involved with last year's Halloween show too, allowing Phil to appear as The Night King from Game of Thrones.

It makes business sense for WarnerMedia who owns Warner Bros and HBO to allow TV shows to promote their IP, probably no different The View promoting Disney in the US.

I wouldn't be surprised if ITV Daytime were offered both IPs by Warner and This Morning ended up picking The Wizard of Oz and Loose Women ended up with Scooby Doo.
Last edited by Jonwo on 31 October 2019 7:41pm
JW
JamesWorldNews
The more I watched it later, I must say huge congrats to the production team at TM for this offering. It was incredibly well done! Incredibly well done.
HJ
HJL
Can we just note that so much of yesterday’s show was only made possible by the move to TVC. Better studio access on the ground floor & the screened backdrop allowed for them to execute the Wizard of Oz theme incredibly!
Brekkie, DeMarkay and JamesWorldNews gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member
I noticed a wrong sound cue at the end, giving a blast of the This Morning theme over the top of what was meant to be playing. Interestingly the exact same mistake happened on Loose Women when they were saying their emotional goodbye to TLS last year.

It's almost like the outro cues are automated and someone forgot to override them. But I'm sure it's just a coincidence and someone hit the wrong track.

Newer posts