The Newsroom

2019 General Christmas election.

12th December: NO drama just presentation. (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
So we now have a date, will ITV or SKy give us some new pres? Other thread is 144 pages, lets give this election a proper new thread. Will channel 4 do another election night?
Last edited by A former member on 29 October 2019 9:19pm
AN
Andrew Founding member
We will no doubt have some ridiculous Christmas themed virtual graphics in Jeremy Vine’s bit.
A former member
We will no doubt have some ridiculous Christmas themed virtual graphics in Jeremy Vine’s bit.

Will he be back for the BBC? surly the BBC wouldn't allow that?
LL
London Lite Founding member

There's no issue with Vine working for BBC Radio 2 after his C5 chat show every morning.
A former member

There's no issue with Vine working for BBC Radio 2 after his C5 chat show every morning.

That means he wont be on his Radio 2 show nor Ch5, unless he has no sleep?
TI
TIGHazard

That means he wont be on his Radio 2 show nor Ch5, unless he has no sleep?

Might have a day off on the friday afterwards.
JK
JKDerry
BBC will be unpacking their 2017 election set. Children in Need will be held on Friday 15th November in Studio D at BBC Elstree, so once that is out of the way, they will build in the election studio set by December 1st, ready for rehearsals.
JK
JKDerry
This will be the first general election to be held in the middle of the BBC Christmas presentation during December - how strange it feels for an election so close to Christmas.
GM
Gary McEwan
Can we have Andrew Neil for the BBC coverage so he can spear every single one of them?
JK
JKDerry
Andrew Neil will be there, doing the Paxman role I feel. Huw Edwards will be the main presenter, as David Dimbleby said he would not be doing another general election for the BBC.
NE
Newsroom
So far all anyone has suggested as far as what the BBC may it may not do is to be presented by males.

I’d suggest Maitlis did the grilling of politicians.
Mishal Husain will have a roll and Reeta Chakrabarti has also played a part in the last two elections so I’d expect to see her take a roll.

Andrew Neil need not play any part in election night.
JK
JKDerry
So far all anyone has suggested as far as what the BBC may it may not do is to be presented by males.

I’d suggest Maitlis did the grilling of politicians.
Mishal Husain will have a roll and Reeta Chakrabarti has also played a part in the last two elections so I’d expect to see her take a roll.

Andrew Neil need not play any part in election night.

Andrew is one of the BBC's best political interviewers, he will be there, utter madness if he is not

Newer posts