The Newsroom

Brexit Dramarama

UPDATE | Extension to 31st Jan 2020 (November 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NL
Ne1L C
I think we're all forgetting the most important question - is there a Christmas version of the Party Election Broadcast intros?

Actually in all seriousness might the BBC at least hold back on their Christmas presentation until after the election?

Good question. I think it would be a case of "business before pleasure"
TI
TIGHazard
I think we're all forgetting the most important question - is there a Christmas version of the Party Election Broadcast intros?

Actually in all seriousness might the BBC at least hold back on their Christmas presentation until after the election?

I suspect they will use news safe idents. Maybe none christmas presentation around election programming.
BA
bilky asko

I'm hoping for a Christmas Election Theme.
:-(
A former member
Where are we with David Dimbleby presenting the election? I’m sure he’s hosted his last one about 5 times now. Is he expected to do this one?
BR
Brekkie
Where are we with David Dimbleby presenting the election? I’m sure he’s hosted his last one about 5 times now. Is he expected to do this one?

He retires after David Attenborough has presented his last ever wildlife series again.
:-(
A former member
I swear he keeps going just to annoy Huw.
MA
mark Founding member
My understanding was that Huw Edwards was due to take over from 2020, which is why David Dimbleby presented in 2016 and 2017. But David Dimbleby seems to have more or less said that he won't be doing any more.
BR
Brekkie
Guess the difference now is he is off the pay roll now he has finished Question Time.
TI
TIGHazard
Maybe not after all.

(if it doesn't load properly)

Me: Ready for the campaign Mr Cummings?
DC: We’re not going to have one.
Me: Really?
DC: They’ll vote for EU citizens and we’ll have to pull it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Not selected by Speaker. May be added by House of Lords tomorrow if the bill passes.
Last edited by TIGHazard on 29 October 2019 5:27pm - 2 times in total
BR
Brekkie
So how many regions are using the hand written ballot paper X in Xmas Election?
DV
dvboy
Christian Fraser with Vicky Young just now joking about the fact the 12th December is the News Channel's Christmas Party.
PA
Parker
A soon as Children in need is over, studio D is block booked Very Happy

What about shows that may already be booked in there... It may not be that simple.

Its easier to shift those bookings than have the election being presented elsewhere - the infrastructure isn't built anywhere else, It cant happen in the news centre as the 12th is the Christmas party Very Happy

Newer posts