The Newsroom

Reporting Scotland Refresh

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SS
SuperSajuuk
I don’t like it either, who decided that the live video camera behind the presenter should be replaced by a CGI graphic? Also they have changed exactly nothing about the studio except some colour tweaks.

This is a great example of "changing things just for the sake of it when nothing needed to be changed". Reporting Scotland is not the News Channel, but it’s being presented like it is.
AN
Ant
I honestly don't see what the problem was with the old titles. The Reith update from a few months ago looked good and the music still stood up. Change for the sake of change.
BA
Ballyboy
the old titles looked like a after effects mock project by some teen
:-(
A former member
the old titles looked like a after effects mock project by some teen

Whereas the new ones... oh, awkward.
Stuart, Ittr and Lou Scannon gave kudos
JW
JamesWorldNews
I like the new look/sound/package/presenter. There! I said it!

*Runs for cover*

(And thanks to TVL for the video on their site).
:-(
A former member

OW
Owen_ploc
Meanwhile in Inverness..
OW
Owen_ploc
Apparently the old backdrop from Reporting Scotland popped up on An La tonight
BR
Brekkie
Why recolour the logo then continue to use the red elsewhere. Looks awful when it appears on both.
OW
Owen_ploc
Why recolour the logo then continue to use the red elsewhere. Looks awful when it appears on both.

This is a joke
OW
Owen_ploc
Here’s a whole bulletin from Monday in case anyone missed it

And as a bonus, here’s the final bulletin before the revamp
JA
Jamesypoo
The new titles just look like a mock re-colouring of the national titles with a couple of dodgy made up shots thrown in for good measure. The music doesn't really match them either, in my opinion - it doesn't go anywhere particularly.

Also, has anyone noticed that the globe on the holding animation in the studio is just static with some white rings going over the top of it every so often?

Newer posts