TV Home Forum

Big Brother Australia 2.0 The Revolution (2020)

Big Brother is returning in 2020 to Australian tv in new format (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
No
TG
TellyGB
Wasn’t the first series of the UK version pre-recorded?

I believe the first episode was. There wasn’t a ‘live launch’ show. But there were live episodes.
WH
Whataday Founding member
There weren't live launch shows until the house moved to Elstree.

For series one the housemates had been living in the house for several days prior to the first episode airing.
MO
Mouseboy33
There weren't live launch shows until the house moved to Elstree.

For series one the housemates had been living in the house for several days prior to the first episode airing.

That is fairly typical for the North American versions. They typically get a weeks worth of footage before the launch shows and the feeds turn on the evening of the launch. Bad side is sometime things happen the week of the move-in that we dont see.

33 days later

JA
JAS84
A contestant has been raped on the Spanish version of the show, Gran Hermano Revolution.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-50572307

148 days later

MO
Mouseboy33
Well Ch7 has finally released a teaser of the new house. And of course it looks great. And Im comparing this to the US house. (the dump that it is) And its seems like its going to be beautifully produced. Also in the teaser you see a couple of the games that will be played in similar fashion to the North American version, created by CBS. The diary room and the main living room look stunning. Cant wait to see more. What I;ve always loved about the Australian version is they retain the character of "Big Brother" as an entity that oversees the house. And this version it sounds like a younger voice. Well done, so far to Ch7.

fanoftv and JosiahStuart gave kudos
DM
DeMarkay
I must say, the shape of the house is very reminiscent of the original BBUK house.
Last edited by DeMarkay on 26 April 2020 3:30am
FA
fanoftv
That house and the branding looks amazing.
Mouseboy33 and DeMarkay gave kudos

40 days later

MO
Mouseboy33
HEre are some clearer pictures of the house.
Main exterior
Entrance Hall to diary room
DiaryRoom Chair
Main BedRoom
Kitchen
Dining Room
Main Backyard
Chillout Room
Eviction Room
Main Living Room with Video wall
Separate Competition Arena
JO
Josh
For some reason, the bed headboards remind me of the cash machines from The Colour of Money.

In all fairness, the house is nice and is reminiscent of Big Brother UK's Power Trip.
FL
flipps
I have a feeling it might not last that long.
HC
Hatton Cross
Looks to be using a lot of remote pan and tilt cameras, looking at the internal room photos.
Unless the camera runs are behind very cleverly disguised coloured glass.

Newer posts