TV Home Forum

BBC Two 2018 Revamp

New ident ‘Discovery’ - p89 (September 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jonny
Gripping is a stunningly good ident, up there with the best of the 90's 2s.

Hopefully it gets attached to a new drama series soon.
CY
cylon6
Jonny posted:
Gripping is a stunningly good ident, up there with the best of the 90's 2s.

Hopefully it gets attached to a new drama series soon.

I think Gripping, Discovery, Thought Provoking and Gritty are the best of the bunch. It's annoying Gripping has been missing in action for so long.
CY
cylon6
Ladies and gentlemen.....BREAKING NEWS!!!

There is another new ident on the way and we might see it in November! Very Happy

This is all I know, so keep an eye out for trailers and junctions as it might just turn up.

And now we wait!
natwel27, bkman1990 and Sh1ruba gave kudos
CY
cylon6
Maybe it's finally becoming a regular.

I hope so!
AS
Asa Admin
They had an extra 5 minute programme at 10pm that was unannounced called The Fall.

Secret programme appearances? How on earth is my automation meant to cope with that!? Very Happy
Great to see it ‘back’ anyway, Gripping would be good to see more - surely there’s some Halloween appropriate junctions this week.
CY
cylon6
Asa posted:
They had an extra 5 minute programme at 10pm that was unannounced called The Fall.

Secret programme appearances? How on earth is my automation meant to cope with that!? Very Happy
Great to see it ‘back’ anyway, Gripping would be good to see more - surely there’s some Halloween appropriate junctions this week.

I think we've had appropriate programmes and films for Gripping but they trotted out Gritty or Visceral instead. And even when they did that, Dark would have fitted better.
CY
cylon6
Thought Provoking is back in rotation! On three days in the last four days! You love to see it! Very Happy

https://tvhome.co.uk/bbc-two/2019/10/29/2100
CY
cylon6
EEK!!! Gripping returned tonight on BBC2 before Guilt!! I thought it'd be Dark as they used it for the trailers! What a lovely surprise! Very Happy

https://tvhome.co.uk/bbc-two/2019/10/30/2100
Last edited by cylon6 on 30 October 2019 9:27pm
WH
what
I love how the CA was (probably unintentionally) making reference to the ident as well. Very clever writing.
CY
cylon6
what posted:
I love how the CA was (probably unintentionally) making reference to the ident as well. Very clever writing.

And it snapped into place when she said gripped which I really like to think was planned even though it was likely just a coincidence. Very Happy

24 days later

BR
Brekkie
Was that a new ident - not seen it before.

Another brilliant effort - only caught the end of it though.
:-(
A former member
it is!

cylon6, Custard56 and Brekkie gave kudos

Newer posts