The Newsroom

Reporting Scotland Refresh

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GL
globaltraffic24
Right, let’s see some mocks based on my predictions! I could be way off the mark, but I think we could see the following:

1: Reporting Scotland titles and logo changed to bring the look inline with the 9.
2: Titles and music for both the 9 and Rep Scot changed to bring more consistency to the BBC Scotland News brand
3: Reporting Scotland set moves in to the 9 set. (I really hope this prediction is correct as there has been overwhelmingly positive reaction to the 9 set.
CN
ClarkNarvas
Right, let’s see some mocks based on my predictions! I could be way off the mark, but I think we could see the following:

1: Reporting Scotland titles and logo changed to bring the look inline with the 9.
2: Titles and music for both the 9 and Rep Scot changed to bring more consistency to the BBC Scotland News brand
3: Reporting Scotland set moves in to the 9 set. (I really hope this prediction is correct as there has been overwhelmingly positive reaction to the 9 set.

This basically summarizes TV Forum's perspective on BBC News.. 😂
TH
Thistle

You're going to be disappointed Confused
OW
Owen_ploc

Pretty sure none of these predictions will come true
Lou Scannon, Jory and Ittr gave kudos
TH
Thistle
Titles are a refresh of the current set, very similar but finish in a new way. Gone is the Scotland map. More network news now...
Set will be recoloured with new backdrops created... gone is the live view.
Music is completed changed. Gone is the iconic Reporting Scotland theme that has been in place since 1999.
SH
Sh1ruba
Titles are a refresh of the current set, very similar but finish in a new way. Gone is the Scotland map. More network news now...
Music is completed changed. Gone is the iconic Reporting Scotland theme that has been in place since 1999.

So when is the new look scheduled to be aired?

Also I can imagine Wales Today getting something similar to this new look for Scotland when they move into BBC Cymru Wales' new HQ, but with red and green involved.
TH
Thistle

So when is the new look scheduled to be aired?

Also I can imagine Wales Today getting something similar to this new look for Scotland when they move into BBC Cymru Wales' new HQ, but with red and green involved.

Think they are holding back until the main 6:30pm bulletin on Monday. That will be the first bulletin presented by Laura Miller.
OM
OrmeMac
The "live" background has been a recorded loop for quite some time. Is Sally Magnusson still doing Thursday/Friday?
BA
Ballyboy
I wished they had the lunchtime, weekend and late news with a new live background of the Clyde
TH
Thistle
The "live" background has been a recorded loop for quite some time. Is Sally Magnusson still doing Thursday/Friday?

The view behind the presenter at the main desk is live. And yes, although I think Laura Maciver is doing Friday this week.
OW
Owen_ploc
Gill Sans never dies
LS
Lou Scannon
Titles are a refresh of the current set, very similar but finish in a new way. Gone is the Scotland map.

I'm guessing that the programme name will now be centre-aligned, like the English Regions?

CGI newsroom akin to the one that Wales Today currently uses, I wonder?

Something containing a wee flourish of Scottish traditional/folk music stylings (like the An Là theme does) would be nice. I'll not be holding my breath, mind.
Last edited by Lou Scannon on 27 October 2019 5:10am

Newer posts