TV Home Forum

Christmas Adverts 2019

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ET
ethanh05
Can't believe it but that time of the year has come yet again.

There's been a few festive ones so far - one the other day was for Disneyland Paris, and there's a few for Christmas deliveries on sofas and clothing catalogues.
JW
JamesWorldNews
.....and yet we haven’t even crossed Halloween yet!

Contrast this with the Philippines, where the arrival of the “ber” months signals the start of the big build up to Christmas.

I’ve been in Manila in early September in the past when stores and malls and even families have already put up the Christmas Tree and decs. They love it!

Perhaps British Television is heading in the same direction.......
AN
Andrew Founding member

Well technically Christmas adverts haven’t started yet...

The ones the poster above mentions don’t really count
JW
JamesWorldNews

I’ll only consider Christmas when Starbucks start to sell their famed cinnamon concoction......

I do believe the Christmas Tree is erected in Terminal 5 at Heathrow.
JA
james-2001
Holidays are coming...

Though they seem to downplay that advert more and more as every year goes by.
TI
tightrope78

I’ll only consider Christmas when Starbucks start to sell their famed cinnamon concoction......

That will be this Friday coming then! Red cups will arrive then.
JW
JamesWorldNews

Try to put a little nip of brandy in your Starbucks cinnamon concoction. You’ll thank me for it. (Other coffee chains are available, mind you.......)

I guess John Lewis’s annual ad is the true signal of the season. What date does that usually premiere?

I even remember the old K-Tel Records commercial at Christmas time. The likes of Jerry Vale, Perry Como and Andy Williams all in fantastic knitwear, crooning for the nation. I’m sure they had brandy in their coffee......
ET
ethanh05

Try to put a little nip of brandy in your Starbucks cinnamon concoction. You’ll thank me for it. (Other coffee chains are available, mind you.......)

I guess John Lewis’s annual ad is the true signal of the season. What date does that usually premiere?

I even remember the old K-Tel Records commercial at Christmas time. The likes of Jerry Vale, Perry Como and Andy Williams all in fantastic knitwear, crooning for the nation. I’m sure they had brandy in their coffee......

Usually between the 8th and the 11th of November or so is the John Lewis dates.
ET
ethanh05
Speaking of which...

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/whats-on/shopping/leaked-photos-john-lewis-christmas-17158167.amp
RO
Rofters
The first Christmas adverts of 2019 are...

FA
fanoftv
People seem to be eager for Christmas this year; I’ve seen many social media posts along the lines of ‘now that Halloween is done it’s time for Christmas’, with some people talking about Christmas decorations already.

I suppose for retailers this is the time to push for sales to generate a little profit for the year.
WH
Whataday Founding member
That Frozen tie-in is quite a coup for Iceland.

Newer posts